Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old January 31st, 2009, 06:13 PM

len106 is on a distinguished road
Always feeling left out/Jealousy issues

My whole life I always feel left out. A lot of my relatives go places and never invite me. Most of my friends tend to leave me out of a lot of things. I have always wanted to be in wedding parties, baptisms and other things. I'm a godmother to my sister's son but she sort of asked me at the last minute because the other people she was considering weren't confirmed in the Catholic Church or weren't registered in parishes. I'm grateful for that experience. But I hurt a lot of times when I'm left out of other events. My brother got married last year and the wedding party consisted of only people from his wife's side of the family. I get mad and really angry at a lot of my relatives because it always seems I'm not that the favorite. One of my aunts is unmarried and for years she is always going out of her way to do things for my cousins. But she never took me to the movies, or did anything extra. Two of my cousins grew up with divorced parents and aunt overcompensated for them alot. Even I'm almost 24 it still hurts that most of my relatives really want nothing to do with me. My friends leave me out a lot and I can understand because a lot of them are married with kids and they tend to like to do things with other parents. Maybe I'm being jealous of others but being left out is really hurting me.
Old January 31st, 2009, 09:59 PM

Lynnie is on a distinguished road
Re: Always feeling left out/Jealousy issues

G'day Len, by the sounds of it ... your friends have moved on as most people do when they marry and have children ... maybe if you made a new set of friends, others that are single and have time to spare. You are not alone in this world, take a chance and meet people who are also looking for friends to hang out with ... sadly people do move on and it happens all though one's life, you also have to do the same thing.

As for your family ??? maybe if you showed them a copy of this post, they would understand where you are coming from ... you cannot sit and expect them to come up with a solution ... you have to find the solution that will make you happy. You are allowing things to get on top of you, you need to find your way in this world ... happiness awaits you, if you were only to look. It does not really matter what aunty does or even what cousins do or any family member, it's what you do with yourself that counts ... take a dive into your future and join clubs or places you can meet people and you will find what you are looking for ... at 23y, nearly 24y ... you have to stop the blame game and stop feeling sorry for yourself ... you are a young woman with your whole life ahead of you, Huge Hugs Lynnie

Last edited by Lynnie; February 1st, 2009 at 03:02 AM.