Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old February 17th, 2015, 07:49 AM

Kayleesmom is on a distinguished road
Re: Cut ties with sisters but they won't give up

Thank you for your kind words. I'm so glad I found this forum!
Old February 17th, 2015, 10:39 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Warm wishes to you ((((Kayleesmom)))), you are an inspiration. Keep up the good work.

It would be great if you could come back every now and then so you can see how far you have travelled along your healing journey. Letting us know too is always welcome, but mainly for your own benefit.
Old February 21st, 2015, 03:12 PM

So far, my sisters have left me alone. Yay! I am still trying to pull myself up slowly. I have done some laundry and a little cleaning today. I knew I was exhausted but I didn't how bad. Baby steps!

I decided that I needed to find a good psychologist. I spent all day trying to find one and I almost gave up. Therapy is so expensive and since I'm not working I hated to put the load on my hubby. It finally dawned on me to pull our insurance and I started calling the ones in my plan and I think I have found the right place. The lady that answered was very comforting and we discussed my situation. She suggested that I be seen by the psychiatrist first so that I can get an accurate diagnosis regarding the depression and severe anxiety. Then I will see an actual psychologist. My appointment is march 16, 2015. I hope this is the beginning of my recovery.

It seems a lot of counselors out there just want your money and have no compassion. I really think I was almost at a level that I needed to be hospitalized but the cost would have been huge. I'm a pretty strong person because of my past. My moms death has just pushed me to points I didn't think I would ever have to deal with. It makes me think of the people out there that reached out for help and gave up. Finding help should be easier. It's really sad!

Thanks again to everyone for your support. Hugs!
Old February 21st, 2015, 03:15 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you for the update! You are brave and resourceful to take that first step. This is the beginning of your recovery!
Old February 21st, 2015, 03:17 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I am so happy for you!

Quote:
She suggested that I be seen by the psychiatrist first so that I can get an accurate diagnosis regarding the depression and severe anxiety.
This is most reassuring to me! Talk therapy is necessary, but it often is insufficient to heal depression. It sounds like you found a good doctor!
Old February 26th, 2015, 06:43 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

keep us updated
Old February 27th, 2015, 05:37 PM

UPDATE--
I finally got into my family doctor this past Monday. I'm so glad because I have been shaking terribly. I found out that I have built up a tolerance to my Xanax!! I was only taking .75 mg at night and occasionally took .25 during the day for rescue if needed. If I had not found out what was going on, I was headed to the ER. I am currently trying to wean myself off and the withdrawals are horrible. It almost feels like a seizure. Hubby has been great support for me all the way, helping with daily chores and meals. Could be a rough road ahead but my depression seems better.

My daughter's paternal grandfather is in ICU and he's not doing well. I'm worried about them. Strange thing is I feel better because I'm so used to chaos. (Just one of the things I need to work on!)

I received a text today from one of the sisters telling me about job openings for the state. I am no where near going back to work full-time. I did not reply, and will not reply, but it didn't bother me as bad today for some reason.

I have been praying a lot and trying to stay focused on positive ways of looking at things. I've even changed my TV channels. I'm no longer watching things that are violent or stressful. I'm back to watching Hallmark which airs fun things like, "Little House on the Prairie", "The Walton's" and "Golden Girls". Lol.

I'm not sure why my depression is better while I'm coming off of Xanax but it is. It may or may not be affecting it, either way I'm just glad I'm not at rock bottom anymore. It may come back but, right now, I'm happy it's better. Thinking positive is helping too. What do y'all think?

Thank you to all of you for being interested and continuing to support me. Hugs!
Old February 27th, 2015, 05:49 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I am so proud of you for not responding to your sister's text. That must have been difficult, to not fall back into the quicksand.

I am happy to hear of your progress. I don't know anything about Xanax withdrawals or tolerance or anything you are going through medically, but I am reassured to know that you are going through it with the help of your physician. I'm sure your lifestyle changes can only help too. Keep up the good work, and don't get discouraged if you have a small setback every so often!

Thank you for keeping us up to date. I like hearing how our posters are faring.
Old February 28th, 2015, 06:29 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with the Xanax withdrawal; I heard it can be rough. I'm glad you are working with the doctor to help you.

Thank you for the update! Keep in touch.
Old March 3rd, 2015, 08:40 AM

Hi everyone. My withdrawals have gotten better and I've gotten better.

I need your advice again. My girls paternal grandfather died and the visitation is tonight, funeral tomorrow. I have a great relationship with my ex and his wife and their two girls. I feel very comfortable about going except those darn sisters of mine. They have been communicating with my oldest daughter and I think they are going. Should I just be nice and smile or avoid contact and stay away from them as much as I can? I don't want to give the impression that all is good when they aren't. I am really tired of them inserting themselves in places that they should not! I am so tired of this circus!

I am trying my hardest to not influence my girls about them. Before all of this started they ignored my girls, now they are texting them all the time! My youngest sees them for who they are but my oldest craves attention so she's allowing it. They will hurt her the same way they hurt me. Please know that the have not had much of a relationship with them through the years.

Tags
cut family ties, grief, sisters