Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old April 9th, 2009, 03:18 PM

Boofy is on a distinguished road
Re: 30 year old baby stepdaughter

Thanks for the advice. I just don't know where to go from here. I really want to give her a piece of my mind..face to face, but DH would have another heart attack.
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:01 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Boofy, is there any way you can get your DH to see a marriage counselor or anything? You can't change your SD's ways; she is the way she is. The only thing you can do is stop letting it affect YOU, and the way to do that is to get DH's eyes opened to how much harm he's doing for everyone by enabling SD.

I know you want to let her have it, and I don't blame you, but she is the way she is because she CAN be. It's what she has done and will continue to do until something changes. Since I'm removed from the situation (and it isn't *my* house that isn't getting renovated) I actually pity your SD. I would hate her life, and the uncertainty her future holds.

Maybe since her life is so miserable and stressful, she should see a therapist?
Old April 9th, 2009, 04:12 PM

Boofy is on a distinguished road

You are right. I am letting her drag me into the dance of doom with her. Even her grandmother says that she can be a real "Debbie Downer". DH will not at this point go to counseling. I think maybe I should go on my own. I know this is so hard for DH, and I don't want to be a nag about it, so maybe I should ignore it and her.It just kills me to see the look on DH's face when she does something like this.
Old April 9th, 2009, 07:37 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Boofy - go to counciling on your own... (((hugs)))