Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old March 30th, 2012, 06:20 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Daughter dating a 'loser'

Yep. Been there. Twice. And it really sucks.

One of the freaks actually tried to muzzle his life back into my daughters (20 years later). Not sure what happened, I stayed out of it, but he's not in the picture anymore.

I'm willing to bet you taught your daughter good moral standards. Just let her know you're there. You're there - you, not your money, not your gas, not your food... just you. I wouldn't talk bad about the guy in front of her either. She probably thinks she can fix him. Some kind of maternal instinct thing I guess.

I know it makes you angry and it hurts, but KayKay's dead on target with this... She'll be back. Just keep in mind that the more you fight this the more you reinforce her will to stay with the creep. Why? You put pressure on your daughter and frustrate her, she will seek comfort and refuge in the guy and he will be more than happy to make you look like the bad guy. You want him to be the bad guy? Then give him enough rope to hang himself with.
Old March 30th, 2012, 07:15 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough
Re: Daughter dating a 'loser'

My dad's motto was always "Treat them like a member of the family and pray that they aren't."

Just as Knot said, dead on...your dads motto was brilliant too!