Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old March 8th, 2013, 01:24 PM

outgoingcutie15 is on a distinguished road
how many best friends, close friends and regular friends do you have

out of your best friends who you confide into, close friends who you hang out with and enjoy being around a regular friends who you keep in touch or just talk to once in a while but not hang out do you have?
Old March 8th, 2013, 01:34 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: how many best friends, close friends and regular friends do you have

I'm sorry. I must be an old lady. I don't understand the question. Can you add punctuation or something?
Old March 8th, 2013, 03:54 PM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
I'm sorry. I must be an old lady. I don't understand the question. Can you add punctuation or something?
#

most of my friends are close friends as I have them since childhood. 4 friends.
I have 2 very best friends as I truly love them dearly.
I am lucky too to have quite a few good friends that are supportive and loving]friends to me
as I hope I am to them
The others are acquaintances ie,,from the kids school gate meetings, through the kids friends
over the years
Old March 9th, 2013, 06:46 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think I have counted or categorized my friends since high school. I learned that friendships are somewhat organic. They grow and evolve, fade and die based on what is going on in our lives.
Old March 11th, 2013, 09:02 AM

DadofFour is on a distinguished road

My best friend = my wife

ALL of the friends I had over the years "came and went". I lost many (if not most) to alcohol and drug abuse.

Although wife and I still have friends, we simply don't have time for them. They have their lives and we have ours. We do stay in touch but here and there. When we do have time to ourselves we enjoy each others company the most.

We found that true/real friends are VERY hard to find. It's true when they say "you would be LUCKY to find handful of REAL friends in your entire life".

I also think many people don't really have clue who their real friends truly are (especially with facebook etc).
Old March 23rd, 2013, 07:48 PM

adrienne is on a distinguished road

I have about a handful of real friends. No best friend, but my favourite friend is a girl I met in college. Last time I saw her, I actually said to her, "You're not my best friend, but you're my favourite friend." We laughed because it's true and I just adore her. She's got a couple other best friends she has known for many, many years.

As of now, I would state I have 4-5 true friends, and some family I consider best friends I guess, like my mom for instance.

Meh, never really had a lot of friends. I have always known and liked a lot of people, so I have many more acquaintances than friends, always have. But I am more introverted and prefer to not have the "commitment" of friendships if that makes sense. I know it sounds selfish, but to me, real friends aren't actually people you need to see all the time to remain friends. I am very expressive and connected within my position at my job; it's actually more of an extroverted position in many ways. And I seriously just need to be a homebody sometimes, with my partner, my cat, and the comforts of my home and self-care.
Old March 25th, 2013, 05:40 PM

WickedVegasInk is on a distinguished road

My best friends: my husband, my mother, my dog. That's it.

Everyone else I know pretty much falls under the "acquaintances" category (I have lots of those!)

If I can't trust a person with both my heart and my life they're not someone I would call my friend. I've never met anyone in my life other than the 3 that I mentioned above I felt safe enough to do that with.

That's OK with me though...I prefer quality over quantity!