Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Parents

Thread Tools Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2013, 09:35 PM
KayKay's Avatar
KayKay KayKay is offline
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 16,210
KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Parent Support and my girl friend

Originally Posted by BagLady View Post
I think you should talk to your Mother because she understands what is expected under these circumstances. She is your elder. I, as a mother, would want to know how my son felt. She may have a solution, or at least be able to tell you how she feels.
Actually, I don't agree with talking to the mother quite yet. bsyddownunder is a functioning adult; he can and should make decisions about his future marriage on his own. If his mother was presenting a problem to the fiancee, such as being mean behind his back, I'd agree that he needed to talk to his mother. But I don't think that the issue is the mother, I think the issue is the fiancée. I think bsyddownunder needs to decide on and handle the relationship with his fiancée first, and then talk to his mother.

I think your fiancée is being unreasonable, bsyddownunder. I'm sorry.

*Note that I do not share your culture. In my culture, children do not bear the responsibility for caring for their aging parents. If you were of my culture, I would think both of you were being unreasonable for wanting your family to move.
Expecto Patronum!
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2007, The BlueSparks Network