Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old July 6th, 2016, 09:56 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Grandkids...

Sounds like Grandpa has a few pony parties in his future.
Old July 6th, 2016, 01:55 PM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Ponyyyy Paaaartyyyy!!!

She's recently drifted away from the pony party thing. They're still in the picture, but now it has become a collage of a little bit of everything. I think her brothers have introduced some new ideas into the mix... Lego buildings, Polly Pockets, a dinosaur here and there, even Barbie has entered the line up.

Yesterday it was Legos.
Old August 18th, 2016, 01:43 PM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Picked GSon up at the bus stop yesterday afternoon. He gets off the bus, comes to the truck, turns, looks at the bus and sticks his tongue out as the bus is leaving.

GPa: What was that about?
GSon: Kindergartners annoy me.
GPa: Why? What happened?
GSon: They just annoy me.
GPa: Well, they are just one step up from being a baby. I imagine they can be pretty good at it.
GSon: Yeah. They are.
GPa: What grade are you in now?
GSon: 5th
GPa: Well, don't be to hard on them. They're still babies. You're not.
Old August 18th, 2016, 02:48 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

LOL - love that the reaction to kindergartners acting like babies was to stick his tongue out at them.

How much longer does he have to ride the bus with them? Here in Texas the 5th graders are at a different school than the K-4th.
Old August 18th, 2016, 02:54 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

That's funny!
Old August 19th, 2016, 09:14 AM
is a painting fool.

I believe next year since his older brother rides a different bus now.

Patience is not a virtue this GSon excels in. He's better than he used to be, but it's work in progress.
Old August 30th, 2016, 06:27 AM
is a painting fool.

Sometimes I'm pretty tired when I get home from work. Yesterday was no exception. However, GDau love it when GPa plays "Pony Party" with her - Especially since GMa bought her some "Mini-Winnies" to add to her Poly Pocket set up. It's not exactly the most exciting thing for a 59 year old to do, but I try to make it interesting. After playing for about 15 minutes I dozed off while laying on the floor.

GDau: "Gpa! Wake up!"
I manage to open my eyes.
Gpa: "Did I fall asleep?"
GDau: "Let's play!" (She holds a pony about two inches from my face)
Gpa: I take the pony and make a horse sound. "Spirit wants to have a race."
GDau: "Ebony wants to race too!"
So we set it up and off they go. I'm still laying on the floor spinning my arm in circles like the pony is running a race. I closed my eyes and I begin to doze off again.
GDau: I wake up with her shaking me. "Grandpaaaaaa! You fell asleep again."
Gpa: "Who won the race?"
GDau: "Ebony did. Spirit fell asleep in your hand. Now sit up and quit falling asleep. We're supposed to have a pony party."

Nothing like getting chewed out by a four year old. LOL
Old August 30th, 2016, 07:35 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I love those stories! Your GD is very lucky to have you.
Old September 1st, 2016, 11:05 AM
is a painting fool.

GDau: "Knock, knock."
GPa: "Who's there?"
GPa: "Okay... Who's there?"
Gdau: "Knock, knock.
GPa: "whooooo's thereeeee."
GPa: Now I'm laughing... "Okay, you got me... Who's there."
GDau: "Knock, knock." Now she's laughing...
GPa: "Okay, you got me."

I give her a big smile and get up to get my coffee.

GDau: "Knock, knock, knock, knock, knock, knock..."
Old September 9th, 2016, 06:10 AM
is a painting fool.

My oldest GSon is usually pretty busy with soccer practice and cross country (he's 12). Unfortunately he doesn't have a lot of time to socialize with other friends through extracurricular activities. Well his practice was cancelled due to the soccer fields turning into a lake from the rain we had yesterday morning and afternoon. But, his schools football game wasn't cancelled (I don't think football ever is). Mom couldn't take him as she had to do household things like cook dinner and whatever housewives do (probably watch soaps and text until 30 minutes before the husband comes home then scramble to get things done). Dad is teaching a night class at the University so he asked if we could take him and a couple friends to the game. So we did... Here's the point... It was kind of a mile stone for us. He's not the little baby GSon he once was. He growing up and doing things on his own. Kind of made my eyes water a bit. He's a good kid.