Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old November 23rd, 2016, 07:18 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: rains=pours

I was thinking about this thread this past weekend ....

I've told our mechanic I need to get a cot and move in.

(details later, I'm posting from my ☎)

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old November 25th, 2016, 12:43 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

in three consecutive weeks we've had the motor that raises/lowers the drivers side window got out, a ball bearing & serpentine belt go out, and then needed the windshield replaced

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 11th, 2017, 05:50 AM
is sometimes blunt.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Wasn't my weekend for ordering food stuff and getting what your actually ordered...

Saturday...

We were watching one of our grandsons this past Saturday and we had just finished lunch. GSon asks if we can go to a local custard place and get some custard. GMa likes chocolate malts at another. So we decide to go and get the malt first, then drive to the other location and get some custard.

We pull up to the drive through and I order a medium chocolate malt. We get to the window, pay for it and the guy hands me my change and a chocolate ice cream cone. I told him I ordered a medium chocolate malt. He said I ordered a cone. My wife spoke up and said I ordered a malt. The kid looked a bit perturbed, gave me my money back and then rang up for the malt. A couple minutes later the window opened and he handed me the malt.

Then we drove to the custard place. My grandson orders a strawberry sundae and I order a two scoop vanilla cone. A couple minutes later the girl calls out a strawberry sundae and my gson goes up to the window and gets his sundae. I'm standing there and the girl hands me a cup with my two scoops of custard in it along with a spoon. I told her I asked for a cone. She said I didn't specify so they put it in a cup. My gson just laughs. I relent and take the cup. I asked my gson if he heard me ask for a cone and he said he did.

Then Sunday my wife wants baby back ribs at one of our favorite restaurants. So we hop into the car and drive over. She stays in the car while I go in and place the go order. So I ask for a full rack, original BBQ sauce and two sides of mashed potatoes with each side placed in its own container. I go back to the car and chit-chat with my wife for a few minutes and head back in. Waiter brings my food to me in a bag and there's only one container. I asked if they had placed my two sides of mashed potatoes in a separate container for each side? He said if I don't specify, then they place all the food into the same container. I told him I did (he was the waiter who took my order). He apologized and took my food to the back, came back a couple minutes later with two containers and told me they didn't have the bowls to separate the potatoes so they placed them in the same one. I told him that was fine, thanked him and left. Got home, opened the containers, they ribs looked great! Opened the container with the two sides of mashed potatoes and there were two itty-bitty scoops of mashed potatoes in it.

Yep... When it rains... It pours!
Old September 11th, 2017, 07:48 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Getting the wrong to go orders is annoying. That happens to us every so often. You don't find out until you get home, and it's not worth a trip back to the restaurant to get it fixed.

Sorry it happened to you, Knot.
Old September 11th, 2017, 08:02 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Ugh! I hate when that happens!