Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old September 13th, 2017, 05:05 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Grandkids...

Update: No candy.
Old September 13th, 2017, 01:21 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Awww.
Old September 13th, 2017, 03:06 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

*except for the Tic Tacs in Gpa's truck console.
Old September 14th, 2017, 06:49 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

The boys will get most of those this evening when I take them to soccer practice. Then on the way home it'll be a pizza for the boys and bread sticks for my GDau. Mom and Dad let me do that every Thursday for them. They don't mind - Dad teaches on Thursday evening, mom takes GDau to ballet and everyone gets pizza and bread sticks for dinner. They dogs don't mind either... They get a belly rub when I deliver the boys and pizza.
Old December 15th, 2017, 06:30 AM
is never to loud.

GSon calls: Grandpa, You know I am going to the Grand Tetons next year right?
Gpa: Yes.
GSon: I need to raise $500 so I am selling Krispy Crème Donuts. Will you and GMa buy some?

GPa: Sure. How many?
GSon: Mom figured it out that I need to sell about 5,000.
GPa: That's a lot of calories. When do you start?
GSon: January.
GPa: Okay. We will buy a dozen a week (GMa gives me the evil eye).
GSon: Okay, thank you GPa.
Hangs Up

GMa: You really going to buy that many donuts?
GPa: No. We'll just make a healthy donation.

Gotta love it...
Old December 15th, 2017, 07:05 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

You can send me the donuts!

Seriously, that's very sweet. No pun intended.
Old March 26th, 2018, 05:26 AM
is never to loud.

Don't see the GKids very often. GMa doesn't pick them up from the bus stop anymore - the two boys walk home and the oldest will walk up to the bus stop and get his sister. DD says it's just more convenient since they usually have activities (soccer, ballet) after school.

Were going to pay them a visit this Sunday, but they left on a spring break vacation to Washington DC. Didn't even know they were going. LOL... I was surprised they didn't ask us to watch their dogs (Kinda glad they made other arrangements).

I believe my wife is enjoying her time - she's picked up some miscellaneous projects around the house. I extended her flower bed at her request. She's looking for a Pinky Winkie Hydrangea to put in it. She'll probably have to order it (not certain).
Old March 26th, 2018, 08:05 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Something tells me that makes you a little sad.

Do you at least see them for the weekly donut delivery?
Old March 27th, 2018, 05:39 AM
is never to loud.

Yes. I do miss seeing them when I got home from work. They had a good time raiding the pantry and showing me the latest cell phone games. The younger GSon would play a game or two of chess with me. GDau would sit on the arm of my chair and we would have the Alexa tell goofy Knock-Knock jokes and finish it off with the "I'm a Gummy Bear" song... LOL.

We knew it was going to happen eventually.

Nothing in this life lasts forever.
Old March 27th, 2018, 12:38 PM

Bittersweet. That's the flavor of life.