Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old June 8th, 2019, 06:42 AM

rattlesnake is on a distinguished road
Album: Weight of these Wings, Miranda Lambert

Listening to Miranda Lambert. At high volume.

I did not realize she had this great album (The Weight of these Wings) that was released in 2016, until recently.

To me, it is one of the best albums ever. I love just about every song. Somehow I relate to so many of the songs even though they might not seem to directly relate to my life.

I have suffered great heartbreak over the past year involving one of my children, not my spouse, and her album is a lot about heartbreak.

I’m not a drunk nor do I use drugs or smoke and a lot of her songs seem to have drinking/smoking themes. But still somehow I relate to songs like “Ugly Lights.” It just tells how when your distractions are gone, you have to face so much ugliness. Miranda has been a topic of controversy on the Internet, but I don't care; she is one talented person and I do love her music.
Old June 8th, 2019, 08:07 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Album: Weight of these Wings, Miranda Lambert

Music is very healing, and it speaks to the soul. The controversies in the singer's real life often add to the authenticity of the music.

I'm glad you found this consolation.
Old June 8th, 2019, 11:00 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I love "Vice" from that album. Like you, the songs don't at all relate directly to my life. But you're right. It's very raw, looking at the ugliness within and the weakness that keeps us there.
Old June 8th, 2019, 11:40 AM

rattlesnake is on a distinguished road

KayKay,
I love that song, Vice, too. I think Dear Old Sun and Well Rested are the absolute favorites. They are true country songs so those who don't like a little twang and authentic feelings won't like it, but as for me, I cannot believe this has been out there for 3 years before I even sought it out.