Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old November 17th, 2017, 08:00 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of
Holiday Parties

Of late, and I don't know why, just cannot be around a lot of people.

I no longer cook for a crowd, on Holidays, just not into it anymore. There was a time, when I'd have 30 - 40 people....lots of work....but thoroughly enjoyed it.

But even though my list of invites came down to between 12 - 15 now, it's just no fun, and being around a lot of people even though I loved parties, just overwhelms me and its so uncomfortable.

anyway, so I sent an email to my family and friends approx. 2 months ago, and explained to them, that I wouldn't be cooking any Holiday meals any longer.

Was a tad worried, that they wouldn't understand, but my younger sister phoned me and said, that was fine No one else did? Oh well??? Wanted to give them time enough to make other plans.

so, I've always gotten invites from a dear friend, and every holiday, never fails, she invites me. Her family is huge...and I've gone to one Thanksgiving Dinner she had and every 4th of July Picnic for the past 3 years.

Love the picnics, but being cooped up inside with 30 people or more, is just too overwhelming.

My point to this rant, is, that no matter what, this girlfriend of mine, is the only person, including my family members who never took personal insult when I declined, and always said, "your part of our family!" Which is so heartwarming and loving.

so, if you invite people to your home, and they decline, please, don't take it as a personal rejection.

I've always always told my son, "I want you to go where you are most happy and comfortable!

It's his turn to live life!" Its not that he didn't want to be with me, at times, he is just wanting to meet new people and have new experiences. Plus I never wanted to play tug of war with him, or make him feel like he was hurting me if he wanted to be with his father. And, he always, calls me every weekend.

In the end, it all works out...

so wishing you all a joyous holiday season....

Last edited by Cremebrulee; November 17th, 2017 at 08:03 AM.
Old November 17th, 2017, 08:22 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Holiday Parties

I very much understand what you mean. I love the idea of large family gatherings; the reality of it not so much.

Happy Holidays to you, Creme!
Old November 17th, 2017, 12:06 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Holiday Parties

Same for me. I love your post, Crème. Thank you.

Wishing you a joyous holiday season as well!