Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old November 20th, 2007, 08:24 PM
Jet Setter

trixxie is on a distinguished road
Dil

I have to say something good..about my DIL.

We had a rehearsal today for the renewal of the wedding vows, and the baby's christening today. And I am missing my hubby since he won't be here cause of work..he works out of state and cause of my medical bills well he is working double hard to pay the extra bills to get caught up and we are blessed that he CAN do this!
Anyways, hubby is missing our wedding anniversary and the event..well I made a suggestion, and my DIL made the call to check on me cause she was worried about me. I think that was thoughtful and sweet to think of me.

I am touched. We have had moments that I didn't think we would make it to this point. In fact today I thought she might be mad at me again. I have a tendency to speak my mind..well, she wasn't and and again she was thoughtful and understanding.
I am really blessed. And I am thankful for her.
Old November 20th, 2007, 08:39 PM

Another Disheartened DIL is on a distinguished road
Re: Dil

That's great, Trixxie! It sounds like you are moving forward. Good luck and enjoy all of these exciting events.
Old November 20th, 2007, 09:06 PM

1DH+4Kids=Happyus will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by trixxie View Post
I have to say something good..about my DIL.

We had a rehearsal today for the renewal of the wedding vows, and the baby's christening today. And I am missing my hubby since he won't be here cause of work..he works out of state and cause of my medical bills well he is working double hard to pay the extra bills to get caught up and we are blessed that he CAN do this!
Anyways, hubby is missing our wedding anniversary and the event..well I made a suggestion, and my DIL made the call to check on me cause she was worried about me. I think that was thoughtful and sweet to think of me.

I am touched. We have had moments that I didn't think we would make it to this point. In fact today I thought she might be mad at me again. I have a tendency to speak my mind..well, she wasn't and and again she was thoughtful and understanding.
I am really blessed. And I am thankful for her.
I am sorry your DH can't be with you, but I am happy things are going well with your family.

PEOPLE - NOT SHEEPLE!
Old November 21st, 2007, 05:41 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1DH+4Kids=Happyus View Post
I am sorry your DH can't be with you, but I am happy things are going well with your family.
Me, too. Make sure you tell your DIL how you feel about her. She'll love to know that she's touched you.
Old November 21st, 2007, 07:25 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Congrats, Trixxie. I'm glad to know things have worked out with your DIL. I'm sure she really does care and it's good to know she touched you like that. I'm sorry you are missing your hubby for your anniversary, Thanksgiving, and this special event. Have a happy Thanksgiving!

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns