Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old June 29th, 2011, 02:42 PM

ButterflyFlyaway is on a distinguished road
Unhappy First time really opening up about it

so about a year ago i started a new school. It was great until i started suffering panic attacks during lessons. This was the first time i had ever experienced such a thing so i burst out crying every time it happened. Everyone called me pathetic and a baby but they didn't know. I finally decided on homeschooling after alot of fighting with teachers, family and friends. I couldn't stay in lessons and carry on but no-one understood. Home-schooling was great. I was getting good grades, etc. But i got told i had to go back in the new year.
The new year started and it was great! I had a great teacher that it helped me i had one to one lessons. I was in school but not in all my lessons. It is still going great now after about 7 months. But that's not exactly the problem.
I had the BEST friends in primary. They were my friends in High school But when i got back in the new year from being of for so long, they didn't want to know me anymore. I don't know why. Maybe they were embarresed by me or something. i didn't have panicked attacks anymore at all either. So i don't know what the problem was. Obvouisly they make up excusing saying im cocky and rude. How is that? I had been of and now all of a sudden im a *****?
I had no luck making new friends becuase they had told everyone that i was really rude. I actually don't know what ive done. I know i have always been strong headed and stood up for what i believe in but im never Rude. Last year was the first time in my life i'd cracked. Where i couldnt take it.
I don't know what to do. I go to school get good grades but social life. Not so much! I hate it. People still label me as a cry baby and wimp. But they don't understand. I havent told many people this. Just close family. I want help with this. I am rarely smiling or happy. Because inside i feel alone and cold. I really am not happy. But i want to be. I keep telling myself im fine with no friends but im not.

please help me.
Old June 29th, 2011, 03:23 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: First time really opening up about it

Welcome, Butterfly.

You really, really need to talk to your parents about this and tell them you want and need help. Is there a school counselor you can talk to? There may be other schooling options.

Other teens/young adults can be so cruel. They don't understand what you're going through and are afraid. They handle it by being mean. It is not the right thing to do at all. I'm sorry. (((hugs)))
Old June 29th, 2011, 06:47 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Butterfly - how old are you (& they?).

Did you stay in contact with them when you were home-schooled?

When hormones kick in some people "change" - and not for the better. Then there is peer pressure not to be "different" - even non-conformist conform to each other.

There is nothing wrong with getting counciling, when needed.

((hugs))

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old June 30th, 2011, 02:38 AM

Priscille will become famous soon enough

I've been there! Spent about three school years spending all break time sitting alone watching others play volley ball or talk. Oh, I made sure that I seemed very busy or I sat where lots of people were sitting so that people didn't notice I was on my own... but the fact is I was and I had no friends at school.

One thing is for sure: You will get through it.

Your old friends reject you, their loss, find new ones. And you must find things that make you happy, really happy, not make believe happy. It is much easier to attract friends when you are happy. Find a group activity you can join. Enroll in support group to help others with their school work. People will get to know you again. Friendship is something built, block by block, little by little.
Old July 1st, 2011, 06:25 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Obvouisly they make up excusing saying im cocky and rude. How is that? I had been of and now all of a sudden im a *****?
I had no luck making new friends becuase they had told everyone that i was really rude. I actually don't know what ive done.
This is classic bullying by girls. You are not alone! Priscille's shared some of her story, and I myself was shy and had a hard time every time I've changed schools (7 schools in 14 years). Now no one would believe that I ever had trouble making friends.

Priscille's advice about finding friends and hobbies are good ones. They will get you started. I'd also like to add another: look for the other lonely girls in the room. Focus on them. You'd be surprised at how many there are and how many would make good friends. (((hugs)))
Old February 24th, 2012, 10:38 AM

ButterflyFlyaway is on a distinguished road

Just a update! I am so much happier now! I stopped thinking about my old friends. Starting Piano lessons where I met my best friends. I know have 3 Best Friends. We have so much more in common than my last friends. I am still talking to 1 of my old friends. But we never really stopped completely hanging out, just recently she adopted one of my Dad's kittens! Now I am going into 6 months playing piano. 2 of my friends have been playing piano for years so we have so much in common to do. School is so much better, I am full time High School student. Full classes, etc. Just want to tell anyone that read my original post and now reading this that you now release that things change, and do get better in time!
Old February 24th, 2012, 11:12 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

It's nice to hear a happy ending!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old February 24th, 2012, 12:22 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the update! Leaving a positive message for others facing the same challenges is a beautiful thing to do!

Tags
friendship, panic, problems, upset