Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old September 25th, 2013, 05:03 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
movies

I'm an action movie type fan

there's a new Avengers Movie coming out soon .... THOR

sigh - gotta love it
Old September 25th, 2013, 05:45 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: movies

Thor.

I'm not big on movies in general or action movies in particular, but I did see The Avengers and I did like Thor. I liked Captain America too.
Old September 26th, 2013, 05:57 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

My wife and I watch a lot of movies. I like Sci-Fi (the ones with a real plot and story). I thought Oblivion would be pretty good, but it was rather disappointing. It seemed like it was thrown together - like they were over budget and deleted a lot of scenes. I think they could have done a better job with the story.

Rented the new Star Trek - although I didn't get to watch but maybe 30 minutes of it. Rented World War Z too. It was different from the usual Zombie movies - although lots of people were turning into Zombies. I liked the story.

I enjoy Drama, Love Stories, most Action and movies with a historical theme.

Thank you for starting this thread snafu. Kudos...
Old September 26th, 2013, 08:33 AM

goorgy is on a distinguished road

you can see sherlock holmes 2009 and 2011
and
iron man
Old September 27th, 2013, 04:59 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I've seen iron man

I want to see the new fast & furious; DS (14) says he'd rather wait until it comes out on video/disk - that all the fast & furious movies are the same, they just change to dialouge
Old September 28th, 2013, 05:49 AM

Coach is on a distinguished road

I like all sorts of films. Last 2 I saw were Star Trek and Planes. Planes was cute and Star Trek was really good. I won't give anything away but an old villain from the Star Trek universe returns.
"I firmly believe that any man's finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is that moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious."

Vince Lombardi
Old September 30th, 2013, 07:31 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I like all sorts of films. Last 2 I saw were Star Trek and Planes. Planes was cute and Star Trek was really good. I won't give anything away but an old villain from the Star Trek universe returns.

Serious! I really wanted to watch that movie, but my presence was needed elsewhere. I managed about 30 minutes of the movie... I'll wait until it hits cable.

Gatsby... Good film. DeCaprio was superb. The movie was great!
Old December 14th, 2013, 04:35 AM

luvmyfamily will become famous soon enough

I'm a sci-fi and action fan...
But, at times I love to watch the old Disney...
Takes me back to my childhood days...
Old December 29th, 2013, 10:15 AM
future crazy cat lady

saw "The Hobbit: part 2"

The movie was great, however I really dislike the cliffhanger ending. (I don't want to wait for the next movie, I want it NOW)
Old December 31st, 2013, 05:56 AM
is never to loud.

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
saw "The Hobbit: part 2"

The movie was great, however I really dislike the cliffhanger ending. (I don't want to wait for the next movie, I want it NOW)
Looking forward to seeing the movie myself. Will probably wait for it to come out on DVD.

You see Man of Steel yet? I like how they did the story on this one. IMO - best Superman film to date. My wife really liked this Superman - he had muscles. Her comment: "Hmmm!"