Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old April 29th, 2010, 06:45 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Talking "Brain Farts"

A few days ago I was at a stoplight that was out - road crews had placed stop signs at the intersection.

There was a lady who stopped before me & was still there after I left (ok- so I checked the rearview mirror several times) I think she was waiting for the lights to change. I lost it laughing because I've done the same thing before.

anyone else care to share?

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old April 29th, 2010, 07:02 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: "Brain Farts"

I was just coming in to post something similar!

We have a walled patio off our family room with a built-in planter and a lovely Japanese maple tree. A bunny has decided to make a nest under the tree this year. My DH and I have been watching it make this nest for at least a week, and today, we saw the bunny digging pretty deep. I was very impressed!

DH was too. He turned to me and in all seriousness said, "Do you think she laid her eggs, yet?"
Old May 1st, 2010, 11:23 AM

Blue Skies will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LucyVanPelt View Post
I was just coming in to post something similar!

We have a walled patio off our family room with a built-in planter and a lovely Japanese maple tree. A bunny has decided to make a nest under the tree this year. My DH and I have been watching it make this nest for at least a week, and today, we saw the bunny digging pretty deep. I was very impressed!

DH was too. He turned to me and in all seriousness said, "Do you think she laid her eggs, yet?"
At first I thought - so?, what's wrong with that? Then I GOT it. Duh. That in of itself qualifies me to join in this thread!

Last edited by Blue Skies; May 1st, 2010 at 11:31 AM.
Old May 1st, 2010, 03:29 PM

Another Disheartened DIL is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Skies View Post
At first I thought - so?, what's wrong with that? Then I GOT it. Duh. That in of itself qualifies me to join in this thread!
That's funny! I often think faster than I talk and say things like I need to put car in the gas. I use "blond moment" as my excuse, though my hair is getting darker, so I don't know how much longer that'll fly.
Old May 1st, 2010, 04:02 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

This happened 3 years ago, but I was very embarrassed.

I has having one of those days and needed/wanted to see DS's teacher. I couldn't find her in her classroom and I looked into another class to ask the woman sitting there if she'd seen Ms. ________. She was Ms. ________. (though- in my defense she had her hair done differently)

Old September 20th, 2011, 11:51 AM
future crazy cat lady

I'm having one of those days - thing is...this has been going on for a few weeks

-I've locked my keys in the car (2nd time in my life - DH came to my rescue & was sweet about it)

-I couldn't get my cell phone to work, even after I charged it. turns out I needed to turn it back on

-I'm forgetting to check pocketts when doing laundry & have had things like tissues & ink pens go thru the wash

and so on.....

Old September 20th, 2011, 12:02 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

It sounds like you have a lot on your mind, snafu.
Old September 20th, 2011, 02:30 PM
future crazy cat lady

actually, I don't

I'm been a little under the weather, but that's it.

Old September 20th, 2011, 08:01 PM
future crazy cat lady

oh yea....

I also took DS to his game Friday night at the wrong time (I looked at the time for this Friday ) Luckily the wrong time was the early time - so we still made his game, which was late (and they won )

Old October 8th, 2011, 10:12 AM
future crazy cat lady

ooops - did another one (but DS joined me on this one )

I was on a one-way street that "T"ed - and turned left......then realized, as I was driving down the road, that I was no longer on a one-way, but was driving on the wrong side of the road - DS gave me a hard time about it until I asked "Why didn't you say something?" - his reply - I didn't realize either