Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old May 6th, 2016, 06:37 AM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Obesity and Set Weight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catwoman View Post
The show is all a big lie they said.
I think most reality shows are. They can be interesting, but they're edited to lead the viewing audience to believe what the show wants you to believe.
Old May 16th, 2016, 08:21 PM

PeeWeeMomOf3 will become famous soon enough

That's so sad!!!!
Old May 16th, 2016, 09:19 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Just cut out the bad stuff for a start and dont eat takeaways.Sugar is a big one,it puts weight on very quickly. I was watching a prog here in NZ about weight loss and gastric bands etc,and the doctor said sugar is absorbed so fast into our bodies it doesnt register as food by our brain it just makes us release hormones and endorphins that give us pleasure immediately,its converted straight to fat which is quite scary. He said sugar is as addictive as Heroin or sex lol,because we get the same happy feeling when eating it.I use natural sugar subs for my hot drinks and I try not to have fizzy. Hot drinks/ herbal tea help to break down food and do our digestion wonders. Ive lost a few kilos lately by just making these changes. We dont have to go mad to start losing weight.

Last edited by Catwoman; May 16th, 2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old May 17th, 2016, 05:19 AM

PeeWeeMomOf3 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Just cut out the bad stuff for a start and dont eat takeaways.Sugar is a big one,it puts weight on very quickly. I was watching a prog here in NZ about weight loss and gastric bands etc,and the doctor said sugar is absorbed so fast into our bodies it doesnt register as food by our brain it just makes us release hormones and endorphins that give us pleasure immediately,its converted straight to fat which is quite scary. He said sugar is as addictive as Heroin or sex lol,because we get the same happy feeling when eating it.I use natural sugar subs for my hot drinks and I try not to have fizzy. Hot drinks/ herbal tea help to break down food and do our digestion wonders. Ive lost a few kilos lately by just making these changes. We dont have to go mad to start losing weight.
Good advice.

I also just started being more aware of my portions and cutting down. I was making myself a large protein shake for breakfast every morning - but since I'm not very active in the exercise department -it's too much. I cut the portion of the shake in half as well as watching my other meal portions, and I am dropping a bit of weight. Now I just need to step up the activity/exercise.
Old May 17th, 2016, 06:29 AM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Heroin is addictive without question. But, sugar and sex? Meh... Maybe sugar. Sex? LOL... Uh-huh... Yeah, right. I've been married for about 33 years. It sure is slow on the "addictive" side.
Old May 17th, 2016, 06:29 AM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

Quote:
Just cut out the bad stuff for a start and dont eat takeaways.Sugar is a big one,it puts weight on very quickly.
I agree with you but would like to add it is not only sugar but carbs as carbs are basically all sugars. I know here in the states that if you were to look at a food nutritional label it will tell you (for example)that there are 14 grams of sugar then it will say 20 grams of carbs. So the total sugar is actually 20 grams.
Old May 17th, 2016, 01:15 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiss140 View Post
I agree with you but would like to add it is not only sugar but carbs as carbs are basically all sugars. I know here in the states that if you were to look at a food nutritional label it will tell you (for example)that there are 14 grams of sugar then it will say 20 grams of carbs. So the total sugar is actually 20 grams.
Yes I agree, I think its about portion size. You can have carbs but the amount allowed is only to fit in the palm of your hand and no more. I think if people stop eating carbs altogether they start to starve themselves,risking becoming really hungry which can lead to over eating.
Old May 17th, 2016, 09:00 PM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

I agree catwoman, a person needs carbs in their diet. As a diabetic male I am suppose to eat 60 carbs per main meal (breakfast, lunch, and dinner) and only 15 carbs per snack which I am allowed two, three at the most. That's 240 if I eat all meals plus 3 snacks. Might seem a lot but a person without diabetes probably eats twice that much. I know it is different for woman but don't know the numbers.
Old July 22nd, 2016, 03:17 AM

RiaDali is on a distinguished road

That is very interesting. Before I lose weight using Herbal product for months. When I stop taking it and walking. I gained back all the weight and more.

I was so sad and tried losing weight since last year but i lose and gain again. But now I am more motivated to not stop. Hope I do it right now.
Old September 21st, 2017, 05:33 AM

KyleCo is on a distinguished road

The only way to weight loss and a healthy body is discipline.

Yes. To bring discipline into our routines, and self-control over gobbling up on junk food.

A friend of mine managed to lose 30lbs by following a routine. My friend stands 5'8'' tall and weighed 180lbs. Although, the healthy weight for him is between 140-150lbs. So he was overweight.

We joined the gym together but he was conscious of bulging out of his tracks. But in just 2 days, he felt motivated looking at the other guys who were ripped and yet working hard on the weights.

So it's difficult at first but once you hit the gym and really want to change your lifestyle, everything falls in place. Obesity in America is a big problem and needs to be addressed.