Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > News and Current Events

News and Current Events Discuss news and current events

Old July 11th, 2017, 07:54 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
4 Young Men Missing in My Area

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/11/us/fou...nia/index.html

This is scary. Four men are missing, aged 18-22. Another young man, reportedly suffering with mental illness and previously arrested for an illegal firearm, is being held on $1M bail. The police are digging up property and sifting the dirt.

We frequent this area.

I hope the young men are found safe, but it doesn't look good.
Old July 11th, 2017, 08:04 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: 4 Young Men Missing in My Area

(((hugs))) I've seen this on the news ... I hope they find the guys, even though its doubtful they are still alive - the families need their sons returned to them.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old July 12th, 2017, 07:19 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Baffling. Did they all disappear at separate times? It seems like they either don't or barely know each other.
Old July 13th, 2017, 04:36 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

They knew each other in some way, two disappeared together. No real information has been released. This investigation is very tightly closed.

They found bodies last night.
Old July 13th, 2017, 11:42 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, so sad.
Old July 13th, 2017, 04:41 PM

Rumors, I don't know if they are true because this is a very tight-lipped investigation:

A young man was beaten and suffered severe head trauma by another teen, Billy Riddle, who was out on parole: http://www.philly.com/philly/columni...-20170706.html

The missing boys were witnesses to that beating and the attacker wanted them silenced.

The man who killed the 4 boys just confessed to killing them. He supposedly owed the Billy Riddle drug money and traded the killings in exchange for payment. He lured one of his friends and tortured him and burned his body: http://www.philly.com/philly/news/cr...-20170708.html

Then he used the friend's phone to lure the other 3 boys and killed them.

What a sad and complicated case. It has several young men shook up.
Old July 14th, 2017, 09:46 AM

Although the locals and social media connected those three crimes above, the local news is saying they aren't related.

But a 2nd guy was arrested today.