Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old December 30th, 2015, 09:05 AM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Holiday weight gain...

Gained about 10 lbs since Thanksgiving. Haven't been able to exercise a lot (hurt my knee, heel and wrist playing soccer - Took a pretty good tumble when I ran into a pot hole).

All the holiday food is gone now... Cookies, cakes, pies, ice cream... Yum!

Time to get back to the more necessary food groups now.

Maybe I'll take some dietary advice from some of our one-time posters...
Old December 30th, 2015, 09:21 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Holiday weight gain...

I'm right there with you K2L (except for the willingness to take some advice from our one-time posters). I've put on 10 pounds since October (DH and my birthdays, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas, anniversary) and it needs to go.
Old December 30th, 2015, 10:21 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I've done pretty good so far. I am throwing away the leftovers that only I would eat and continuing my routine at the gym.

The real test will be when everyone goes back to school on Monday and I'm left alone with the cookies.
Old December 30th, 2015, 01:31 PM
is a painting fool.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Someone say cookies? My DD makes the best oatmeal raisin cookies. She gave me a dozen of them. I'll never admit I ate every single one of them even though I did.

Talked to my wife at lunchtime today. She said there's still half a cherry pie in the fridge. Sigh... Oh so good.

I think I'll stop at the store and get some cool whip.

I'm gaining weight just thinking about all that sweet goodness.
Old January 13th, 2016, 06:25 AM
is a painting fool.

Okay... I said I gained about 10 lbs during the holidays. So after the new year I decided to focus on losing what I gained... So far I've gained three more lbs. Right on target. I'm so disciplined... <shaking head>

Must have been those cookies. So my wife made a big batch of chocolate and vanilla chip cookies yesterday.

Dang...
Old January 13th, 2016, 09:01 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Breaking the bad habits is so hard!! I keep saying "I'm going on a diet... after _____." It is a struggle.
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:45 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Breaking the bad habits is so hard!! I keep saying "I'm going on a diet... after _____." It is a struggle.
I'm going on a diet after I finish this last cookie!
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:48 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I've got to start losing weight now. I'm at my heaviest ever! In a few weeks I will be singing (caterwauling) in a choir on a stage for the first time. That has got to be my incentive! 😵
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old January 13th, 2016, 02:53 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

my incentive to lose was when I'd reached what was my average pregnancy weight (160+) - and I was still gaining

I've lost a chuck (subliminal message), but would like to get my BMI lower .... and I'd really like to be in better shape health wise.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old January 13th, 2016, 03:49 PM

I'm getting weighed by my doctor in 14 days. That's my incentive. But the diet has been "I'll start a diet after this weekend trip to San Antonio" (last weekend) or "I'll start a diet after I put DD on the plane back to college" (next week). I started with the exercising and have now added a diet, sigh. It is hard to diet and spend quality time with my DD.