Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old August 15th, 2015, 09:35 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Re: No sugar = instant easy weight loss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
An American-based, NZ-born artist has recently done an experiment where he boiled down soft-drinks (soda drinks, fizzy drinks) and made giant lollipops out of the remianing syrup, which he photographed to show visually what is meant by "hidden sugar".

*Please note this artist does have some very controversal work, he deliberately tries to be provocative. I'm neirther promoting or oposing his art, just commenting on this series.

http://henryhargreaves.com/dehydrate-3

That's really cool and interesting Its funny when we are younger we don't think about what effects foods and drinks have on or bodies, I never used to. But also having to rethink our finances when going down to one income again, and having to carefully budget makes you really think if you really need to buy something or not, and if you could make something to keep the cost down. We let the kids have fizzy once a week,but sometimes we forget and they don't even get any. Its great they don't even ask for takeways either, as I make versions of them like nachos, hamburgers and oven wedges (they come out big with beetroot,fresh made meat patties and caramalised onions, mushrooms, salad etc), macaroni, chicken curry, fish n oven wedges...and many more......I did make them chocolate pancakes yesterday for lunch...hehe....so cheap just adding some drinking choc powder to some homemade pancake mix....and I make no egg cake as one of my boys cant eat eggs.....I reckon this way of eating cuts out the additives and preservatives as you control what goes into your food...better for you.

Last edited by Catwoman; August 15th, 2015 at 09:41 PM.
Old August 21st, 2015, 07:14 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

catwoman - do you like strawberries - that might work as a sweet substitute

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old August 21st, 2015, 07:21 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
catwoman - do you like strawberries - that might work as a sweet substitute
Hi Snafu, yes I do, I love them, they will be in season here very soon...yummy.....I have also got used to having herbal teas without my sweetner tablets even,which I think is quite god..