Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Boyfriends & Girlfriends

Old October 21st, 2015, 10:14 AM

outgoingcutie15 is on a distinguished road
Padlock- is this normal for a girl in her twenties in foster care to have messages

Hey everyone. I am asking advice for my guy friend and I need everyone's input

So my guy friend and his gf have been dating for a year. His gf who is in her twenties is in foster care. Recently my friends gfs foster mom put a padlock on my friends gf to monitor messages between my guy friend and his gf. Is this a red flag?
Old October 21st, 2015, 12:12 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Padlock- is this normal for a girl in her twenties in foster care to have message

I must not know what a padlock is. I think of it as a big, metal lock to prevent a door from opening.

A red flag for what? Do you think the GF is being abused?

Honestly, this isn't something I think you should get involved in. Your friend's GF is an adult. If she is in foster care, that means there is some reason the state decided she can not take care of herself. Her foster mother is responsible for acting in the girl's best interest. For some reason, the foster mother thinks those messages need to be monitored. I don't know why, and chances are good that you and your friend don't know why either.

Is your friend under age 18?
Old October 21st, 2015, 12:26 PM

Re: Padlock- is this normal for a girl in her twenties in foster care to have message

No she is in her 20s
Old October 21st, 2015, 01:24 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I thought I misread the age.

Adults in their 20's don't normally have foster parents. If she has been ordered there through the court, THAT would be a red flag.

If she's there voluntarily and paying her own bills, the foster parents are overstepping. If they pay for the phone and her bills, then she has a choice to make. But as KayKay already said, this is between her and the foster parents. Do not get involved.
Old October 21st, 2015, 03:05 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by outgoingcutie15 View Post
No she is in her 20s
I meant your guy friend. How old is he?
Old October 21st, 2015, 04:54 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

What is this padlock thing?
Old October 21st, 2015, 06:51 PM

^ No advertising allowed here though, remember. So if outgoingcutie is going to explain, it needs to be a non-advertisement.
Old October 21st, 2015, 08:44 PM

My guy friend is in his twenties
Old October 22nd, 2015, 12:19 AM

Why is she in foster care?
Old October 22nd, 2015, 12:53 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Outgoingcutie15, This woman is supposedly an adult, and her mother should definitely not be looking at her texts, but this is between them to sort out.

(- Do neither of them understand this is inappropriate no matter who pays the bills?) (??)

- If it is a court-ordered monitoring, then i would be concerned for your guy friend, indeed.