Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old September 3rd, 2015, 09:49 AM

untitledchapterofmylife is on a distinguished road
Post Unsure what to do

Hello, I am currently a sophomore in college. My parents divorced in 12 years ago and had 50/50 custody of my brother, sister and I. 4 years ago I moved in with my dad and his fiancé after a big fight between my mom and I. 3 years ago my mom took my dad to court. This lead to me having a no contact order with my dad's fiancé, my siblings and my dad. It also effected in me getting sent to wilderness and then to a therapeutic boarding school. This was all because she claimed that my dad and his fiancé were brainwashing me against my mom. When I returned from boarding school I developed anorexia for a short while and recently my personal issues have become worse due to my dads fiancé making me her "punching bag" and criticizing me for almost everything I do.

Basically i have a story to tell about the fact that I got treated as if I was an item that could be thrown away from place to place and the family court situations that went on because it is truly unbelievable. I don't know how to go about it. I have the story kind of typed out without much detail and its over 30 pages long.

Any advice?
Old September 3rd, 2015, 10:11 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Unsure what to do

Are you asking for advice on what to do about your family situation or advice on how to get your story published?
Old September 3rd, 2015, 10:21 AM

untitledchapterofmylife is on a distinguished road

Both
Old September 3rd, 2015, 11:47 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Well, first of all, our forum has rules which can be found here http://www.friendsandfamilyforum.com...aq_forum_rules against advertising and self-promotion. So we can't be of any help to you about looking for a publisher.

However, your college will have resources for you for both things. Go to the English department and ask for a mentor. They will be able to help you. And your college will offer counseling to students for free or low cost. They are there to help you and listen to what you have to say. Take advantage of these things while you can!

Tags
court, family, no contact, relationships, story