Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old August 31st, 2017, 12:56 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
We got a dog!

She's a shelter dog, an elderly lady. Her owner went to the nursing home and no one wanted her. She's very cute. She seems to be housebroken, polite. She's not yappy or nippy. She was well loved, though, barely able to walk a block from being over-fed.
Old August 31st, 2017, 02:43 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: We got a dog!

Awwwww!! Congratulations! Do you know what kind of dog she is? Big? Little?

I love that you got an older shelter dog. Next time I adopt a cat (or cats) that's what I'm going to do - go to the shelter and get an older cat.
Old August 31st, 2017, 03:40 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

There were tons of older cats. It's sad because everyone wants the kittens and the cats will probably be euthanzed.

She is a rat terrier. She is very overweight. We'll feed her well and exercise her. She is also very friendly with people and other dogs and cats. She doesn't appear to be a jumper, a licker, or a nipper. She is well trained.
Old September 1st, 2017, 05:24 AM
is sometimes blunt.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

That's awesome! I had to put our Rat Terrier down about a month and a half ago - she was 16. She was also a very gentle and lovable dog. Protective too.

When my mother was living with us she used to feed her constantly. She ballooned to almost 40lbs. After my mother left I put the dog on a diet. It tool almost two years to get her to a nominal weight. I used to walk her on the park track (1 1/2 miles) about 4-5 days a week - Took the Jack Russell too. It was fun. I would go real early on the weekends (5-6am) and let them run. The Rat was good at coming back, the Jack was another story. One time they found a rabbit in the brush. Took me about an hour to find them again - little rascals.

Enjoy your new addition to your family!
Old September 1st, 2017, 06:09 AM

OMG, Knot, we had a Jack Russell when I was a teenager. He would run for hours if he got out!

I'm sorry about your Rat Terrier.
Old September 1st, 2017, 10:57 AM
is sometimes blunt.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Rat Terriers are great dogs! Oh heck... Most dogs are great dogs. my wife replaced our Rat Terrier with a miniature Australian Sheppard. Good natured dog. Big baby to be certain. Still has a lot of puppy in her, but she's smart and has learned fast.

Our Jack is 17 now. Has a cough and sleeps a lot. Still loves to walk. Doesn't see or hear as well as she used to. The Shepard like to play with her and the Jack will chase her around the yard until she has a coughing fit. What's really funny is the Sheppard is scared of our six pound Chihuahua - she'll avoid her like a plague. That Chihuahua is six pounds of bad attitude anyway.
Old September 1st, 2017, 06:58 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Congrats Lucy

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old September 2nd, 2017, 04:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knot2loud View Post
That Chihuahua is six pounds of bad attitude anyway.
We didn't want a CHihoahua-- too much attitude!

For a 9 year old, she has a lot of spunk. She plays ball pretty well.

Thanks, snafu!