Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old June 19th, 2013, 10:10 PM

Titanices is on a distinguished road
Question Writing help

I am an author-to-be. I am currently working on a book titled "666: The First Six" and am out of ideas. I can't think of anything scary enough to fit in. Can someone offer writing ideas?
Old June 19th, 2013, 10:29 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Writing help

Are you a member of some writing forums? That might be helpful.
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:01 PM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

I agree with Kaykay writing forums may offer you some ideas. Do you have to start with the title when writing a book? Maybe that is what is restricting you? Trying to fit a story to the title rather than a title to the story? Just a thought.
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old June 20th, 2013, 10:11 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Read the book of Revelation, add a dash Daniel and a pinch of Ezekiel.
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
Are you a member of some writing forums? That might be helpful.
I'm a member of one. I asked the same question on it, and it was closed as "not a real question".
Also, one of the members there thought it was a joke. Does it look like one?
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:55 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I can see why on a writing forum it wouldn't be considered a "real question." I would venture a guess that writing forums probably are more geared towards specific questions and not general questions (as Anns pointed out, it sounded like you came up with a title and were writing the book around it).

As far as it being a joke, eh. I can see why someone would throw that out there. Most people don't consider themselves authors-to-be. By virtue of the fact that you write something, you're an author. The question is whether you are a "published" author.

Plus I think (this is just IMO) the desire to write something about a topic like "666" without having an idea of what that something might be is (from a moderator's standpoint) troll bait. Whoever called your question a joke may have thought you were a troll.
Old June 20th, 2013, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
I can see why on a writing forum it wouldn't be considered a "real question." I would venture a guess that writing forums probably are more geared towards specific questions and not general questions (as Anns pointed out, it sounded like you came up with a title and were writing the book around it).

As far as it being a joke, eh. I can see why someone would throw that out there. Most people don't consider themselves authors-to-be. By virtue of the fact that you write something, you're an author. The question is whether you are a "published" author.

Plus I think (this is just IMO) the desire to write something about a topic like "666" without having an idea of what that something might be is (from a moderator's standpoint) troll bait. Whoever called your question a joke may have thought you were a troll.
I see. Thanks.
Old June 20th, 2013, 06:55 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

What is your plot line?

How many story "arcs" do you have (if any)? {A good example/series of a continuing/multi-volume story with multipe arcs is by Michelle West - "The Sun Sword"}

Also "Repairman Jack" books (& other series that tie in) by F. Paul Frank. Acutally, his stories might inspire you.
Old June 20th, 2013, 07:09 PM

I don't really have a plot line. The reason why I named it "The First Six" is because I'm going to put in six (scary) short stories that go together in some way. I'm done with the first one.
Old June 21st, 2013, 12:01 AM

Camron is on a distinguished road

I think you find on *remove link* I hope you will get lot of ideas in that site and you can also submit your article there for the publicity of your article.And also there is no issues of copy right that you will caught in any legal action.

Last edited by KayKay; June 21st, 2013 at 06:53 AM. Reason: remove link