Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old January 25th, 2015, 02:55 PM

Poodlepower0111 is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Still my friend or?

I have had many troubles with past friendships but I met someone in college who I thought would be by my side through thick and thin. We bonded over many things but most of all through our experience of abuse in the past.
To begin with she was there for me , through a breakup and troubles at home.
Soon after that she hit very hard times , she lost a family member and a close friend to suicide within 3 months, as well as finding out traumatic things about her past.
I did my best to be there for her, no matter what else I had on my plate. I ended up in a new relationship but even still I made time for her. I would even drive 45 mins to pick her up in the middle of the night if she needed me.
At one point she even ended up living with me and my folks for a while, and I helped her find a new place and did everything I could for her.
Now she is getting back on her feet and she has made new friends and even has a supportive boyfriend now ( I am super happy for her!)
But, I feel like she no longer cares about me now that she doesnít need my support.
I text her telling her I felt down and lonely, if she had told me that, I would have rang her straight away, she only text me back twice and I didnít here from her for a week.
This has been getting worse over the last month or two to the point where I feel she doesnít want to know me at all anymore, needless to say I am heartbroken over this because I love her to pieces.
I just donít know what to do about any of this.
Old January 25th, 2015, 04:47 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Still my friend or?

Unfortunately, we do not know this friend so we cannot know what is in her mind.

There's an old adage: Friends come into your life for a reason, a season, or a lifetime.

Your friend may have only been a reason or a season but we don't know. It is apparent that your friend can't be there for you right now. She may return later so don't burn bridges. Give her space, grieve the loss, and spend time with other friends. If you do not have someone to confide in, consider going to campus counseling, keeping a journal, or even talking things out here.
Old January 25th, 2015, 09:18 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Still my friend or?

I agree that friends come and go and that's just life. We cant control the future either. I've had friends I really liked and we dont see each other any more. But I accepted thats just how it is, and its not always a reflection of anything we have done wrong.

I would just leave your friend be and let her come to you, as there is nothing you can do to change anything.

Its true this place is a great way to talk about stuff,and get advice etc.

All the best.

Tags
friend, loosing