Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old November 1st, 2008, 09:11 AM

asquirreltryin"togetanut is on a distinguished road
Telephone Etiquette

Am I wrong? I have a friend that calls and then talks and talks until he starts repeating things, it can go on for 45 mins or so - I think he may be bored. I never rush him off of the telephone. Sometimes I am bored too and we chat and laugh and generally enjoy each others chats. On occasion when I am in the middle of something when he calls, I tell him right up front that I only have a couple of minutes to talk and the same with him if I telephone him and interrupt him.
Here is my problem.... I hate it , I really really get teed off if I am talkiing with him and he receives another call (I do not have call waiting & caller ID, he has both) and he dumps my call to take the new one. That is extremely rude in my opinion. Unless there is an emergency - it is just wrong , wrong, wrong .
What do others think?
Old November 1st, 2008, 10:32 AM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough
Re: Telephone Etiquette

This behaviour SO annoys me too. My friend nearly always gets a call on her mobile (cell) phone when I am on landline and dumps me everytime!!!

I have another friend who spends an entire lengthy call talking about people I dont know and I cant get a word in to say goodbye LOL!
She is a nice lady but when I visit her home I cannot get back out easily as she is following me to the car still talking again repeating stories I have heard before about people I dont know!!!

Sometimes I will ring my doorbell myself to end the conversation on the phone....even if I have a child waiting for pick up in the rain she goes on and on and on!!!! She doesnt listen to you saying...
I must go now blah blah!
Old November 3rd, 2008, 08:27 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzie View Post

Sometimes I will ring my doorbell myself to end the conversation on the phone....
LOL. Thanks for the idea.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:29 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I used to do that for my SM when I was a kid.
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:38 AM

MissAmanda is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Telephone Etiquette

I talk on the phone almost all day woth my BFF.She calls or emails me.We never seem to shut-up and its hard for us to get off the phone or not send funny picture emails.She lives 30 minutes away and I see her a few times a week.

What is "SM" (Step mom?)