Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > News and Current Events

News and Current Events Discuss news and current events

View Poll Results: Who are voting for?
McCain/Palin 3 23.08%
Obama/Biden 7 53.85%
other 1 7.69%
undecided 2 15.38%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:47 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough
Who are you going to vote for?

Yup, I'm being brave and going there. Instead of relying on CNN, MSNBC, etc., I thought we could conduct our own poll.

For this pole, you don't have to be registered to vote and you don't have to live in the United States. All are welcome to participate.

(The results will be anonymous so you don't have to worry about others seeing your answer.)

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old October 22nd, 2008, 02:13 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough
Re: Who are you going to vote for?

No one taking the bait, eh? OK... I'll go first.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:08 PM
maura

I have a complex system when I am having trouble deciding and it can
only be done hours before voting to get the correct result.
It requires alot of concentration and steady hand when launching
the darts.

So I am not sure, yet.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM

Beth will become famous soon enough

There is a saying that some think was quoted by Winston Churchill:

Not to be a republican at twenty is proof of want of heart; to be one at thirty is proof of want of head.
~Francois Guisot (1787-1874)

When I first registered to vote in the early 70's, I registered as a Democrat. I was very liberal at the time. But as the years wore on, I became more of a Republican, but I have never changed my status.

Now I find myself somewhere else. The past several Presidential elections have left me unexcited about our choices. It's like choosing the lesser of two evils.

I think many of my beliefs are due to my upbringing and my life experiences. Some are popular and some are not. I do not think that either candidate is exactly what I am looking for. But I need to choose.

I can not answer this question at this time. I guess it will be a surprise.
Old October 22nd, 2008, 10:54 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

It's election year for us, too. We get two votes, one for a political party and one for a candidate. (This is called MMP, and in reality means I can now cancel my own votes out, instead of relying on someone else in the household to do it for me).

Election on Nov 8th, so I still have some time to decide how to waste my vote this time around.
Old October 23rd, 2008, 10:56 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I'll bite. I'll answer who I *think* I'm going to vote for. Sadly, it's more of a "voting against Other Guy's Policy". I'm just not feeling it this election.
Old October 27th, 2008, 09:49 PM

sunshine_2u is on a distinguished road

My husband being a union plumber and living in a going downhill fast state. I have to vote with the candidate not wanting to do away with his job.

Last edited by sunshine_2u; October 27th, 2008 at 10:18 PM.
Old October 28th, 2008, 10:10 AM

1DH+4Kids=Happyus will become famous soon enough

I have outed my preference long ago.

I don't agree with ANY of Obama's ideology.

Obama Taxes on those NOT making a minimum of $250K

Ending the Bush Tax cuts alone will cost our family more than $4000 a year: For a married family, filing jointly and earning $75,000 a year, this increase will be $3,074. For those making just $50,000, this increase will be $1,512. Despite Senator Obama's claim, even struggling American families making just $25,000 a year will see a tax increase -- they'll pay $715 more in 2010 than they did in 2007. Across the board, when the tax cuts lapse, working Americans will see significant increases in their taxes, even if their household income is as low as $25,000.

Go to http://www.irs.gov/formspubs/ and pull up the 1040 instructions for 2000 and 2007 and go to the tax tables for verification.

The payroll tax that you pay to support the Social Security system. Currently, there is an inflation-adjusted cap, and according to the non-profit Tax Foundation, in 2006 -- the most recent year for which tax data is available -- only the first $94,700 of an unmarried individual's earnings were subject to the 12.4 percent payroll tax. However, Senator Obama has proposed lifting that cap, adding an additional 12.4 percent tax on every dollar earned above that cap -- and in spite of his promise, impacting all those who earn between $94,700 and $249,999.

And how about - taxing corporations???

I still remember Econ-101 I know what businesses do when taxes are raised. Corporations don't "pay" taxes -- they collect taxes from customers and pass them along to the government. When you buy a hot dog from a 7/11, you can see the clerk add the sales tax, but when a corporation's own taxes go up, you don't see it -- its automatic -- but they do the same thing. They build this tax into their product's price.

And in Obama's own words...

"To avoid being mistaken for a sellout, I chose my friends carefully," the Democratic presidential candidate wrote in his memoir, "Dreams From My Father." "The more politically active black students. The foreign students. The Chicanos. The Marxist professors and structural feminists."

PEOPLE - NOT SHEEPLE!
Old October 28th, 2008, 02:40 PM
Science is my path.

Blissfully8 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
It's election year for us, too. We get two votes, one for a political party and one for a candidate. (This is called MMP, and in reality means I can now cancel my own votes out, instead of relying on someone else in the household to do it for me).

Election on Nov 8th, so I still have some time to decide how to waste my vote this time around.
Election day is Nov 4th!
Old October 28th, 2008, 02:41 PM
Science is my path.

Blissfully8 is on a distinguished road

obama!!!!!!!!!