Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Announcements and Suggestions

Old October 29th, 2008, 09:41 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough
Nice new background!

Hey, is it just me or is everyone seeing a new look on the forum? I opened up the site and found it is a crisp white with blue lettering and pretty lemon yellow highlights.

Nice new look, thanks! Very cheerful.
Old October 30th, 2008, 02:35 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Nice new background!

Congrats on the new look, it's cooool!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:28 PM

Gwynneth is on a distinguished road

Um....which part of this is for real?! I'm not sure whether to be applauding or retching, at the glib refs to child abuse!!!
Old November 3rd, 2008, 03:45 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynneth View Post
Um....which part of this is for real?! I'm not sure whether to be applauding or retching, at the glib refs to child abuse!!!
Explain. Are you saying you hate it?

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:04 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Oh! I thought you were insulting the forum colors (as that was what this thread was about). I didn't realize you were insulting a signature line. Is that correct? If so, please don't. You've already pointed out the many rules on this forum that you hate; that's one of them. Thanks.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:20 PM

nonnymouse will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwynneth View Post
Gwyneth, are you meaning the blue portion of Annsdils post? If so that is called a signature line.

The portion of her post that is in black is her comment on the topic of this thread. The topic of this thread is simply "Nice new background".

I can see how it might seem strange at first to see the two sections that are unrelated.

Her signature refers to an ongoing conversation about what 'grandparents rights' are. A signature can contain any kind of statement you want to make about yourself. You could put a statement about your political beliefs or a poem or your contact information...whatever you see fit.

I believe Annsdils signature quote is essentially her last word on the argument about whether grandparents have the right to do whatever they like with their grandchildren or not (even if they were not fit parents to their own kids).

She was actually being the very opposite of 'glib' about abuse. But I guess you'd have to know about those other conversations to understand the meaning there.
Old November 3rd, 2008, 04:40 PM
Surfin With The Manta Ray

Pandsala is on a distinguished road

O.o
Old November 8th, 2008, 07:42 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I like the colors. They're soothing.