Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old November 24th, 2007, 10:02 AM
Jet Setter

trixxie is on a distinguished road
Re: My feelings are sooo hurt

Well, the day is done. The service seemed to be a high mass versus the low mass..which is why I have a hard time attending church anymore. I have a hard time sitting with my neck/back issues. And of course my eldest son and I are at the front so everyone can see us.

They didn't get the turn-out they had hoped for, expected, or had RSVP'd for the event. But, it still turned out nicely.

It was nicely done, the baby was nicely behaved, and the ceremony was really quite lovely.

Now its done, and its another day in the chapter, and we can all move on.

My husband called, my own MIL called(out of towners) but my son wouldn't take the call from his Dad because of the first dance..and was able to take his Grandma's call...but other than that, it was kinda short and sweet at least the reception event.

I did help for a while to tear down the tables, but I told them I wouldn't be able to stay, and there was lots of help with the rest.

I am just going to move on, and just have my conversation with him when the time is right, but in the next few days.

I have the baby grand-daughter to consider..and I don't want to alienate her...and a lot and I mean a lot of people say she looks just like me when she smiles!
Old November 24th, 2007, 01:05 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

congrats...
Old November 24th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Jet Setter

trixxie is on a distinguished road

Thanks..the baby is sooo dang cute. She fell asleep in my arms. I love that little girl so much!

I didn't know I could love her so much, or another other than my own children. I feel very blessed!

My son called me today. After I called today to ask if I could help again with the clean-up..I was totally exhausted too. He was disappointed with the turnout..but then again, everyone, and I mean everyone told him that they wouldn't have a good turn out with the day being selected being Friday after Thanksgiving, they could of chosen any day.

They will get over it, the love for each other is evident, and thats the most important thing. I hope they realize that. That and the love they have for their children.

My son did thank me and my husband for all the financial help we have given them, I didn't have to tell him that this was the last time we will bail them out. I am done with that part. My own parents wouldn't of done what we have done.
I told my oldest son that I was done, and he says "Mom don't say that" he knows how upset I am with him...but I am done.

Thanks for all the kind words and helping me keep a level-head during all this..I needed this..and you guys were right.
Thank you!
Old January 25th, 2008, 04:23 PM

Rowan is on a distinguished road

Has everything been ok since then?