Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > All Grown Up

All Grown Up A place to discuss "adult" children.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:07 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough
Re: My feelings are sooo hurt

I'll be praying for you today, Trixxie. I'll ask for the gifts of fortitude and grace be strengthened and give you confidence in using them. I already know that you possess them.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 08:46 AM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Trixx,

I'm so sorry, hon! You have given so much- financially and otherwise. You think they would show a little bit of gratitude. I know you were already feeling torn about having to split apart your Thanksgiving between your two sons. I know your son is probably feeling a great amount of stress, but that's not an excuse for being so rude.

Your son and DIL don't realize how lucky they are to have you. I keep thinking of the story you told when your granddaughter was born. You went out of your way to help them with their dogs and deal with the medical issues associated with that-- all so they could have their alone time to bring their new baby in the world and recover. That was so giving and unselfish of you. It really shows your true character. I also know you haven't been feeling well, and to spend all of that time, on Thanksgiving no less, helping them set up for their big day is gracious and beautiful.

I agree with the others; You are a true lady with true character. You will handle yourself beautifully today at the ceremony. Here's wishing you lots of strength, courage, and happiness.

((Hugs))

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:07 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Chiming in with my best thoughts and wishes for the day. You can do it!!

Just wanted to add... I really admire that you are thinking so kindly of your DIL. She WILL appreciate it, because if your son is being a jerk to you... imagine what he's being like to her!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:08 AM
Jet Setter

trixxie is on a distinguished road

Elaine, I am so sad, I wish I could stop being teary eyed today..my husband is out of state, and yes it was wrong that I was late, but it was soda for goodness sakes. I didn't deserve this.

I am supposed to get my make=up done today at noon, and I don't think I can do it, cause I will probably cry through it. They don't get it.

My DIL's mother keeps thanking me for being supportive of them, and its so kind, but I wish they(my son and IIL) would thank me too...and be a little more understanding. Heck, they didn't think that it was dark, icy roads, and instead of thinking that I could of had problems driving, I got yelled at.
I don't know. I don't know how to get through this.

Thank you for helping me. I will...somehow. I know its ridiculous isn't it??
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:13 AM
Jet Setter

I just want to rip him a new one myself!!!

I apologized to the hostess..should i talk to the hostess today? Find out how big of a deal it was to her, or leave it be?

I wish I could just get closure. My stomach hurts, this just ain't right.

I appreciate your concern. I hadn't expected my son's response.

And since there isn't a table really set up for family, should I just sit far away or close to the bridal table? I don't know.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:23 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough

Find some people that you really enjoy and sit with them. You fulfilled your obligations and then some, why not do what you want and have a good time?

I wouldn't speak to the hostess again about it. If she's angry about it, then she's not worth your time. If she's not, your bringing it up will make it seem like a bigger deal than it should be. And she may be very embarrassed at witnessing how your son spoke to you. Leave it go unless she brings it up.

What does closure mean to you? I'm not sure that you're going to get it if means an apology, at least not today. While this is a huge deal to you, their self-centered minds have already moved on to today's events. As hard as it may be, try to do the same and deal with it later. Sometimes it's a matter of timing.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 09:25 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Just leave it be trixxie. Don't bring it up at the wedding. This day needs to be all about the couple. If you say/do anything negative they will hold it against you forever. The good news is that you can leak a few tears and claim that they are tears of joy.

You can do it! We KNOW you can! Just hang in there. If you say anything at all to the hostess about last night, just make it another apology and you can judge from her reaction how "bad" your tardiness was. It wasn't "bad" and you and all of us know that. I really think something else was going on that you don't know about, and your DS lashed out at any little thing that happened.

The best thing to do is just be the classy lady that you are.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:33 AM

Grace is on a distinguished road

Thinking of you today Trixxie. Stay strong. Today is not the today for closure, but tomorrow?? Yeah, rip him a new one!

Best you can do today is handle yourself with as much dignity as you can, and put your feelings 'on hold' as much as you can.

I hope you have as good a day as you possibly can.

(((hugs)))
Old November 23rd, 2007, 10:41 AM
Jet Setter

My husband tried to call, and I missed his call, DANG I want his advise as he knows all the nuances of our relationship..and he's on my side too.

I hope and pray he will call back in time so I will have the oomph to make it.

Ya know I have such a blazing headache. My back aches. I am on the verge of tears, no the tears are about spilling out. This hurts emotionally, and they haven't a clue how badly they have hurt me.
When do they understand? When do I get it? I have just enough time to get a wee little nap in, if I can relax and put this out of my mind...but I would love to talk to mi amore...and get rid of this headache.
Thanks all...I just love you guys!
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:03 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Trixxie-

Try to relax & enjoy the day- please don't get too worked up -