Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old September 15th, 2007, 08:14 PM

oneluckyman is on a distinguished road
Re: Purses, Handbags...... What's the big deal?

It seems that purses and handbags or whatever type of accessory you carry shows off your status level in life to everyone else. It extends to having the fancy SUV with the 22 inch chrome wheels or that nice, glitzy and expensive watch.

It really isn't a big deal unless you care what others think of you and if you do that, then you have issues. All that matters is what your immediate family thinks about you.
Old September 15th, 2007, 08:28 PM

Beth will become famous soon enough

I'm not into designer names or goods. I have bought purses in the $100 range, but mostly around $50. I use the same one for about a year or so and then change. I never change purses for an outfit or destination.
Old September 16th, 2007, 04:20 AM

wolfgal is on a distinguished road

Well, I've always been a "tomboy", so I seldom use a purse or anything, instead I use my pockets or a fanny pack.
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:07 AM

grubby will become famous soon enough

I never carried a purse until I had kids. Before that I always carried a backpack. Much easier to keep tract of. More often than not, I still carry a backpack. I have 2 purses total, a black one and a brown one.
Old September 16th, 2007, 11:49 PM

Sandy is on a distinguished road

I usually have a very small handbag in my over sized bag containing everything I need including a small wallet and cell phone. But the good thing about the little bag is I can just grab that when I don't need all the other stuff. The small bag fits inside a bag with all types of art supplies, or if I'm working on another job it's full of all the things I need to work there, like laptop, calculator, etc.
Old September 19th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by elaine View Post
Wow. I can't even imagine! But, thanks for your honesty! Do you feel the same way about clothing, shoes, and other things? Or is it just a purse fascination?
I dont really feel the same way about clothing except for i have a couopel stores i like and i wont shop anywhere else like old navy i love but i would never shop at wal mart just bcuz its low quality and cheaply made it has nothing to do with the fact that its wal mart though bcuz ill buy my pajamas there. Shoes...if the shoes are for work then i dont care but im not gonna wear fake converse all stars thats just stupid...I will NEVER wear a knock off...i may not wear all designer or even any but i wouldnt be cought dead participating in the trickery that is the dreadful knock off item.

Life of the Flower.
Old September 19th, 2007, 05:28 PM

Virginiann is on a distinguished road

It took me a minute to understand what you were saying. Correct me if I am wrong. You would rather wear, (carry) a non-designer product then to support a 'knock off' of a designer?

I wouldn't know the difference myself. I've never been into fads, never even knew what "Parada, Stelettoes or Coach" was untill recently. The funny thing about it was my husband and I were walking the mall and we came across Coach, and in that window I saw a purse that was to die for! I later went to the web site and found it was $240.00...... wow. Sorry but it was a very nice bag, I just couldn't justify it myself. For those who can afford it, my hat is off to you, wear it for me will ya?

We all decide what we will and will not spend money on, it's called economy! I personally love my iPod (is that a fad)?? ..... I know I would spend $240.00 on that little hobby, so there is really no difference then huh?

What are your spending.... hobbies?

"It is easy to love the people far away. It is not always easy to love those close to us. It is easier to give a cup of rice to relieve hunger than to relieve the loneliness and pain of someone unloved in our own home. Bring love into your home for this is where our love for each other must start".
Mother Teresa
Old September 21st, 2007, 01:05 AM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginiann View Post
It took me a minute to understand what you were saying. Correct me if I am wrong. You would rather wear, (carry) a non-designer product then to support a 'knock off' of a designer?

I wouldn't know the difference myself. I've never been into fads, never even knew what "Parada, Stelettoes or Coach" was untill recently. The funny thing about it was my husband and I were walking the mall and we came across Coach, and in that window I saw a purse that was to die for! I later went to the web site and found it was $240.00...... wow. Sorry but it was a very nice bag, I just couldn't justify it myself. For those who can afford it, my hat is off to you, wear it for me will ya?

We all decide what we will and will not spend money on, it's called economy! I personally love my iPod (is that a fad)?? ..... I know I would spend $240.00 on that little hobby, so there is really no difference then huh?

What are your spending.... hobbies?

yea see...i dont own a ipod but i would spend the 240 on the beautiful purse for sure. I would wear non designer b4 i carried a knock off bcuz i dont want to look like a poser..the Louie Vuiton bags have LV all over them and the knock offs have LW all over them...its pretty obviouse...i dont want to walk around looking like im trying to fool people.

Life of the Flower...
Old September 22nd, 2007, 05:35 PM
Unregistered

I think purses and accessories are a huge part of being feminine. It's fun being complemented being pulled together from head to toe. Putting in the small details go a long way. Not to mention when you look good you feel good.
Old February 27th, 2009, 11:38 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I like small purses - ie one of my favorites was called a "wallet on a string". I now have a Brighton "organizer" - still small, but mt cell fits in it.