Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Pets

Old October 9th, 2017, 05:37 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: We got a dog!

Bet that no is about a 🛁

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old October 9th, 2017, 06:09 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Hahaha!! That's cute!
Old October 20th, 2017, 08:17 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Updates? Pics?

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old October 21st, 2017, 06:16 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I can't post pics anymore.

She's very funny, though. We laugh at her all the time.

We were wondering why she smelled so bad. Then I saw her rolling in the yard and when I found what it was, no wonder she stunk! It was skunk scat! So now I have a skunk and a dog that smells like skunk. Ugh!
Old December 3rd, 2017, 08:37 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Oh Congratulations to all -- you, the furkid and to your family!!

I have my "pup" who is going to turn 14 this Feb. He is just beginning to show some signs of cognitive disorder. I have a sneaky suspicion it may have had something to do with a dental and eye surgery combo last January.

He just isn't the same. :*(

But he is still a joy - just moves a lot slowwwwwwwwwwwer.

On our walk yesterday, we met a 13 week old maltese and a 10 week old pom mix. They both wanted to play with my old guy...he just stood there staring at the sidewalk while these pups hopped all over him. So cute but yet kind of sad, too.

Supplement note: he is on his vit b liquid from the vet, colloidal silver for any dental issues, sometimes doggy CBD oil, coconut oil in his raw pheasant dehydrated biscuit food, hawthorn berry tincture and a mix of either rescue remedy for pets or homeopet anxiety relief drops -- either oral or on shoulders. I swear he is coming back!!

Love and hugs to you and your new furkid Lucy!!!
Old December 3rd, 2017, 07:23 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
On our walk yesterday, we met a 13 week old maltese and a 10 week old pom mix. They both wanted to play with my old guy...he just stood there staring at the sidewalk while these pups hopped all over him. So cute but yet kind of sad, too.
Aww, poor guy. The kids are too much for him!

Our girl plays with the dog across the street sometimes. Mostly, she sleeps on the couch.
Old December 5th, 2017, 07:46 AM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Gosh Ive been a dog "mom" since 91! Yikes. That's a durn long time.

I was ambushed. DH, dd and I walk into the breeder's house and there were yorkies all over the place. Cute little button noses. Saw the parents - very well behaved, groomed...and dh scooped one up and said look at this one.

I wasn't sure I could raise a puppy. He was barely six inches tall! Scared me.

(he turned out to be the best dog ever)
Old December 10th, 2017, 12:27 PM
Jet Setter

trixxie is on a distinguished road

Congrats!

I'll share the memories of OUR rat terrier - hopefully yours will be much better than mine..here goes!

Oh the memories of our rat terrier!
Her name was "Patsy" she was stationed at the door to the bedroom as a kid.

I was able to run in "air" through the doorway to avoid getting my ankles nipped on!

She was a ankle biter. She pooped in the house and I remember "finding" a pile in the dining room one time on the floor. Ack, it was not fun. I think she was elderly at the time and couldn't control her bodily function.

I don't have fond memories of that dog.

The only dog I don't think that didn't like kids....

The other dog we had at the time was an American Eskimo (I think that's what it's called) all white - he was wonderful!
Old December 10th, 2017, 04:13 PM

No, my little girl is the best! She doesn't bite. Normally, I would never say that a dog doesn't bite; they all will for self defense, right? Even with the vet and the groomer being a little "invasive," she cried, but she did not bite.
Old December 10th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Jet Setter

trixxie is on a distinguished road

Probably was my great-aunt who was bed-ridden - she was a pistol of a woman. She probably made our rat terrier mean!
Glad you got a good one!