Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Around the House > Hobbies and Crafts

Hobbies and Crafts A place for crafting and other hobbies

Old August 27th, 2011, 01:28 AM

suri88 is on a distinguished road
Re: What are your hobbies????????

i like reading story of Jane Green,Marc Levy and some chinese author.
Salsa dancing or watching movies at weekends with some friends
Old August 27th, 2011, 03:11 PM

Aintzane is on a distinguished road

My great hobbie is to see tv series. I am, is this sense, what is called a freak.: D

My life’s rhythm don’t let me too options. I study from 10-12 hours every day, all the seven days of week, with intensity. I am very strict with my studies. I always keep to the schedule scrupulously. Now, I am in vacations, but in one month…
I don’t see tv of traditional way. First, because the publicity’s pauses I consider them a waste of time. Second, because I only see series tv, and I cannot wait one week from to know how follow the story.
I see the series for season complete. My husband (dear husband): P “come back” from Internet (in Spain is legal) and we see two or three chapter each day. I can see, then, 4 or 5 series at month.
My favorites are (what you should know): Criminal Minds, How I met your mother, The Big Bang theory, 24, Lost… Yes, I am a lostie… I have a friends’ group, of my actual university (college?), with we do meetings for speak of different series, and play and we do games shows… Really, we are a freak’s group… We love it! With pride, hahahahhaha: Cool:

Now, we see The Shield (first season).
Old September 15th, 2011, 06:52 PM

JemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud ofJemStar has much to be proud of

Hello Cortez-I love decorating (on the cheap). I do love to look at those interiors that owners have spent thousands on. And then try to copy those looks within a very tiny - really small - budget.

Oh, hobbies. Well, one is to copy high price designer rooms. I am working on a spare room and my room. For mine I am going with the Brocade Home sort of feel.

I love gardening. I am growing a gourd of some type in the back yard that I didn't even PLANT! Many sunflower plants came up this summer as well that I did NOT plant. Next year I hope to get a HUGE organic veggie plot going...I have no idea what to do with that, tho. I just hear rumors organic food will triple in price by next year? And I want to be ready!!

Oh, and health "stuff". Can that be a hobby?
Old December 16th, 2011, 12:39 PM

Swiss140 is just really niceSwiss140 is just really nice

Well, I have quite a few Hobbies and not enough time in a year to do them all. My most recent one is doing my Genealogy, actually this more of a request and an Honor bestowed to me by my Grand Father who asked me to continue his 40 years of work with our family. other then that I love to read and Hunt, and Play around with graphics on the computer.
Old December 19th, 2011, 09:59 AM

hifrend is on a distinguished road

i love fishing
Old July 10th, 2012, 09:44 AM

Lighthouse Sukh is on a distinguished road

Hello, how is everyone?

I have been learning to become a life coach for the past couple of years, and as I continue it's opening up new levels of, well, awesomeness and challenges. I absolutely love the journey, anyone else share it? It would be great to connect!

I also love making films - shooting and editing - I love the creativity and the relationships I can build with other wonderful film people
Old January 17th, 2013, 02:30 AM

Agnes is on a distinguished road

I like singing very much. Besides, I like crafts, I like to learn something about craft, especially about making jewelry.
Old January 18th, 2013, 12:09 AM

Mercedes123 is on a distinguished road

Expect thing related with writing, I do have other hobbies such as reading, sleeping (if sleep is in the hobby group), beading, doing crafts, having a taste for some music, getting to know about other cultures etc., Well. the reason is very simple, I can have private time for being myself, not someone else.
Old January 25th, 2013, 04:53 PM

WickedVegasInk is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butterflyofspring View Post
what are your hobbies ?why?
I have lots...

I am President-Elect on the Board of Directors of our local Choral Society, as well as a vocalist in the choral group- I love music and singing, and I have a good voice with a wide vocal range. Can sing anything from Tenor, to Alto, to Soprano (main is Alto though). I have lots of training, education and experience in an organizational, management and administrative sense, and I love to help out and be part of the decision making process. Guess you could say I have a "Leader" mentality and personality!

I tattoo when I'm not working my full time job in an office- I'm good at it and I love tattoos, love having them and giving them. I also love the creative process of designing them.

Drawing/graphics- I'm really good at it, both compuerized (digital/computer graphics) and regular (hand drawn/designed)

Technology- I am a computer whiz/geek and a technophile

Writing- I love writing poetry and song lyrics, as well as blogging- I'm good at it and it always helps me work through all my feelings and emotions, both good and bad

Photography/videography- just another artistic/creative facet, I also can do editing for both as well as voice

Social Media- it's part of my day job for one, but I also love it, the connections, the new friends, the stuf you learn about people, the world, and all that's in it!

Gaming- I have almost every gaming device they make...though I'm not so fond of the Wii, it doesn't have anywhere near as many good games as the PS3 and XBOX 360.

I could keep going...I have lots of hobbies and interests, though I am not as active with some as I am with others.

I know I wrote alot, but this is actually the short list
LOL
Thanks for reading it!
Old January 25th, 2013, 08:06 PM

longhairedgnome will become famous soon enough

My hobbies?

Reading - I've loved to read for as long as I can remember and like a variety of genres.

Music - Both listening to and playing/singing. Again, lots of different types of music. My dad and I used to play guitar together and sing folk songs and songs from the Civil War.

Genealogy - I've been researching my family tree for over 20 years. It's addictive!

Jewelry making - My younger sister got me started on this one and we do a few craft shows together each year.

Going to auctions and yard sales - I love the thrill of the hunt.

Collecting - I started collecting coins and fossils when I was a kid. Still collect coins and a few other things.