Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old March 15th, 2009, 08:26 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
What's your relationship like with your ex?

I'm curious, what's your relationship like with your ex? The only reason we stayed in contact is that we have a DS together.

I'll be completely honest - for the first approx 5 yrs. my ex & I did NOT get along. Thanks to my current DH, things are much better now.

The reason why I ask, it that someone gave my ex a book by an author I USED to read - ex dh didn't care for the author - my ex wanted to give it to me. Also, in the past my ex has given my DH an Elvis tissue box cover made by his (the ex's) former girlfriend {this whole thing makes my head spin}

I don't get the (small) gift giving thing

Although, I do think that my ex and I made better friends than spouses {he was a great guy to date too, just not good husband material}
Old March 15th, 2009, 10:57 PM

maximillion is on a distinguished road
Re: What's your relationship like with your ex?

Sorry, my ex' is a non-starter, we haven't spoken in a dozen years. She rejected her kids, even the one I adopted (I married a single-mum). Our DD sought her out when she turned 18,(DD was only 18mths old when I got custody) and my ex' was brutal, changed her phone number to a silent one afterwards and all !
She NEVER paid a single cent in child-support, though she is a wealthy accountant, and never sent so much as a Christmas card. The one time she sent ONE of my sons a b'day card, shortly after I begged her to, she mis-spelt his name, and he's never forgiven her that!
Boy, I sure can pick 'em, lol.
She had affairs, with my best mate among others, and I suspect my brother ended in our bed too, though he denies it.
She claimed it, but I've never been sure, it could have just been an attempt to hurt me, but she described scars (in the nether regions) I know he has, so....?
I just hope my boys don't end up marrying a girl "just like Mum", I wouldn't wish the pain I've suffered on my worst enemy, let alone the pair of fine young men my boys have become.
I learnt to be a good dad by doing the complete opposite to what my own had done, and it worked well for me, I'm hoping in time that my DD will follow the same path, and approach, luckily there are many fine examples within the family for her to learn from, but so far she's adamant about NOT having kids, and who can blame her?
Old March 27th, 2009, 09:47 AM

CrazyHappyDancer is on a distinguished road

All my exes and I have parted as friends except my DD's father.

He's never offered child support since day one. He's always not around and would even get to the point where he promises to visit DD (8 y/o) and not show up.

This was really hurting her as she was growing up. And now that I have met a wonderful man who treats her like a princess, she warmed up to dear fiance right away.

There's a big reason why he's called an ex.
Old April 8th, 2009, 04:08 AM

missoutback is on a distinguished road

that gift thing is weird ? Is he guilty of something? does he still wont some sort of connection with you still ?
I just always think ex,s are called that for a reason..lol
as for my ex,communcation ended when we ended as have all the rest so cant help you about that.