Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Grandparents & Grandchildren

Old May 11th, 2018, 05:21 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute
Re: The Grandkids...

My wife and I drop by DD's house periodically (announced visits) to visit and chat with DD and the GKids. GSons said they like going home after the bus drops him off, but they said they miss seeing us. GDau said pretty much the same thing. DD let's my wife pick them up when they have half days now.

Older GSon wracked up his ankle playing sports a couple of weeks ago. He sent me a text while I was at work and ask if I could get the crutches I have (He has used them before). I got hold of GMa and she ran the crutches to the school. A teacher and the nurse adjusted them for him. He's out of sports for a few more weeks.

Younger GSon has a broken forearm from blocking a kicked soccer ball. Now we have two pictures of him with a broken arm on the fridge. The first one was when he was about five - He was playing spider man and jumped off the back of his sofa and landed on his arm.

These guys...
Old May 11th, 2018, 10:00 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, but it is so refreshing to hear about injuries from kids who actually play and are active! Much better than them sitting for hours in front of the TV.

I hope your DD can figure out a schedule where you can keep seeing them, Knot. Life gets busy with three kids. It sounds like you'll be able to go watch them play sports, so that'll be good. I love that they know they can count on you - "I need crutches, let me text Gpa." That makes me happy. (not that he needed crutches, but that he knew to rely on you)
Old May 12th, 2018, 04:30 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

I love reading these stories. They help me have hope that the world is still a great place with happy multi-gnerational families. Thank you, Knot.