Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old April 6th, 2017, 08:35 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Is it unreasonable....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annsdil View Post
It will be easier for him to play victim on his wedding day without the kids there and make me out to be persecutor than it will be to have the kids there and have to look like the good Daddy all day.
This is the saddest thing I've ever heard. He's throwing away real relationships for an image.

Quote:
One of the reasons why I'm keen to not "protect" the kids from the truth is exactly as you say KayKay. I don't bad mouth him but they need to know this is "normal" behaviour for him. But it's neither normal nor acceptable behaviour for adults in general. I treat these experiences as life lessons as to how they could handle their own feelings differently.
It's best for them to witness and learn how to frame the situation; to understand this is his problem and they don't have to carry it for him.
Old April 7th, 2017, 12:29 PM

JemStar is a splendid one to beholdJemStar is a splendid one to behold

Narcissistic.

Never met him but the way he is acting reminds me of someone I divorced after 30 years.

Everyone and everything caters to HIM. His dreams, goals, demands, wishes, etc.

Kids included.

You can't win with these types. Your only purpose, since you two share children together, is still to serve HIS needs. Until the kids can. There is no reaching them. There is no meeting half way. No compromise. It's painful.

That is how I see it. (With most ex-spouses)
Old April 8th, 2017, 08:25 AM

Annsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond reputeAnnsdil has a reputation beyond repute

JemStar I've learned how to cease giving him supply and hopefully the kids will learn too. He no longer gets anything from me unless I deem it reasonable and in the kids best interests.

I'm no longer scared and it leaves him perplexed!
There’s one major problem with giving grandparents legal access to their grandchildren. People who inflicted verbal, physical and sexual abuse on their children are then given access to inflict trauma on yet another generation. ~ Wayne and Tamara
Old April 12th, 2017, 10:39 AM

Cremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud ofCremebrulee has much to be proud of

Good for you!!! When you lose the fear, he loses control.

Good for you!!!