Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Other

Other A place to discuss any other family member or have general family discussions

Old March 9th, 2013, 11:02 AM

whatsupwiththis is on a distinguished road
Married Family Member and Married

I introduced a married family member to a married friend. They immediately started flirting and saying sexual things to each other. They were also playing with each others hands, tickling each other, she grabbed his nipples, she took pictures of his private area while he held open his legs so she could do it and when she was sitting in a seat in front of him he took his foot and started pushing the seat up where her private area was. I know both of their spouses and I felt like I was being made a part of something I don't believe is right. I'd appreciate any comments on this situation.
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:05 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Married Family Member and Married

What did you do or say when they were doing this?
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:12 AM

I didn't say anything at the time, but later I spoke to both of them and said I was uncomfortable being around this and both basically said get over it.
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:15 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Then refuse to ever be in their company again.
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:17 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I would avoid being around them (at least on your own, if there are other people/witnesses you should be fine)

some people have different views on marriage & have "open" marriages ( I WOULDN'T WANT TO KNOW IF SOMEONE DID)
Old March 9th, 2013, 11:31 AM

These two are definitely not in open marriages. Both of their spouses would be very upset if they knew what was going on. I don't go anywhere alone with them anymore.
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupwiththis View Post
These two are definitely not in open marriages. Both of their spouses would be very upset if they knew what was going on. I don't go anywhere alone with them anymore.
That's wise, but if you really don't approve of their behavior, it would be best to avoid them totally. I'm sorry you're in this situation.

Are you concerned that you will be blamed if the spouses find out?
Old March 9th, 2013, 12:40 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I'm afraid I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. As in "Wow Married Family Member, where's your spouse?" and "I bet your hubby will love seeing that picture on your phone!"

And then instead of saying I was "uncomfortable" with their behavior I would have told them it was immature, trashy, and gross to watch and they needed to get over themselves.

Ick.
Old March 9th, 2013, 01:21 PM

I'm afraid their spouses will think I encouraged and condoned their behavior because their only excuse to see each other is me, because I'm the only friend they have in common. I also feel that if someone is doing something that goes against what you believe, you should remove yourself from the situation. I feel that staying signifies approval of whatever they're doing. I should have done that when this first started. As I mentioned before in another thread, because of being abused as a child, I have a hard time thinking my thoughts, feelings or ideas are valid.
Old March 9th, 2013, 03:57 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Your feelings are valid, I think.

I'm a little confused... are they "seeing" each other now other than the display they treated you to when you introduced them? I'd stay totally away from either of them and I'd let them know why (they don't need to be told - they know!). And just to make them a little paranoid, I'd spend time with their respective spouses.