Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Anything & Everything Forum > Open Chat

Open Chat Discuss anything & everything. (You know the rules-- keep it clean.)

Old December 20th, 2016, 06:58 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Pet peaves

In my story, yes, the military had trained the German Shepherd for PTSD.

I don't know if there's a service dog for "Sense of Entitlement" though. Maybe the woman meant "service dog" as in "I get better service because I carry this dog?"
Old March 20th, 2017, 11:32 AM

Rebecca is on a distinguished road
Talking Re: Pet peaves

Pet peeves, I have so many.

The biggest one lately, when people make fun of me for pronouncing the first t in dentist. It's dentist, not dennist.

When drivers pull right in front of a big truck. I know most people don't think about it but it's not like slowing/stopping a car. Those trucks weigh up to 80,000 lbs.

When I see someone spell huge as yuge. I recently learned that some people from the NYC/Philly area say it as yuge. OK, but don't spell it that way.

People on social media that complain about everything. I wonder how they make it through the day.

Someone volunteering you for something. DF has a show this weekend and he told the promoter that I do the bands photography. The promoter wanted to know if I could do the videography and the shows live facebook. DF---why sure she can. When I found out about it---why I sure will not
Old March 22nd, 2017, 06:13 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

When someone repeatedly calls your landline, cell, and im's until you respond, and then you find out they only wanted to say hello.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 08:49 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

So how's your mom?
Old March 22nd, 2017, 09:07 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
So how's your mom?

But not my mom; she knows to leave a message on the first call.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:06 PM

JemStar is a splendid one to beholdJemStar is a splendid one to behold

People that stand way too close to me in lines. And there's no where else to stand or move over to. I don't like that.

People that have their cell phones loudly ringing and ringing while just standing there looking around, to then answer and have a VERY LOUD conversation ( lady sitting next to me at tire shop for an hour!!) HATES IT!

OR, Message on FB: OMG! Are you still on? You would NOT believe!

Me: I am here....

Waiting and waiting and there is NOTHING. I leave, for it's time and I get the "where'd you go? " kind of drama thing.

Being asked to bring my "special dish" and two other people show up with it and basically none of them are finished. My rollups, chicky nibbs with sweet and sour sauce, chip/bean/cheese layer dip, or something else. It happens too many times. So the hostess is STUCK with a bunch of the same foods leftover. Next, I'll just bring wine.
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JemStar View Post
Next, I'll just bring wine.
You can never go wrong with wine!
Old March 22nd, 2017, 02:57 PM

Hahaha! Is it bad that every single pet peeve other people have mentioned is also a pet peeve of mine?