Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > General Health

General Health Discuss issues related to General Health

Old July 13th, 2014, 05:50 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
weird dreams

(mods, if this needs to be moved fell free)

I had 3 weird dreams last night (2 were similar) ... here they are, just not necessarily in order -

1) I think I was at home with DH and could not stop vomiting

2) ex and I ended up working for different branches of the same Special Ed program, I felt perfectly fine but suddenly threw up after talking to ex....

3) I was backing out of my drive, but had a blind spot/area I couldn't see/black area on one side. As my neck was stiff, I couldn't turn my head far enough in that direction ....

I have never dreamed of vomiting before, nor of having vision problems.
Old July 13th, 2014, 07:03 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: weird dreams

Have you done any dream analysis? I really believe that our subconscious is trying to work through problems when we dream.
Old July 14th, 2014, 12:06 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I looked on line and wasn't sure if that stuff is accurate or not

(in some, if there was blood in my vomit {there wasn't} it would mean $$$ coming my way)
Old July 14th, 2014, 01:25 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

IMHO, "dream analysis" sites that adhere to the idea that dreams predict the future are hogwash.

Dreams serve a psychological function: they integrate events and emotional responses to events from your current conscious/short term level with subconscious/long term memory. (For really interesting reading about this relationship, google "PTSD, memory and dreams.)

If you were able to sleep and dream, excellent! Your dreams are attempting to take care of the things you experienced during the day. This is the most accurate way to look at dream analysis-- what disturbed you in your dream is likely something that is still bothering you and so cannot be stored. The symbols in the dream usually point to what you are disturbed about, and they tend to be pretty obvious.

In this case, there is something you cannot stomach and so you vomitted. Now you may have had indigestion and that transferred into your dream, or it may be figurative and something/someone in your day time experience is giving you psychological agita!
Old July 14th, 2014, 10:34 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Just as well dreams don't predict the future! I really don't want to be a train, or a horse.
Old February 26th, 2015, 08:10 PM
future crazy cat lady

a new, strange dream

I was in bed & thought a pet was snuggled with me under the covers - then pet jumped up on the bed. I got bit on the shoulder & discovered it was a "freaky" looking snake (normal head, body was flat like a flounder fish, about 4' long and 4-5" wide)

My imagination is working over time - why can't I ever dream about tropical vacations or adventures
Old February 27th, 2015, 03:55 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Because you aren't worried about tropical islands or adventures? Maybe you could spend 10 minutes visualizing yourself in a tropical island. If you fall asleep, you might wake up there!
Old June 11th, 2015, 05:31 PM
future crazy cat lady

We were in the car & DS told me about an odd dream he had - I told him he should look up the meaning for fun. I had to explain about dream dictionaries.

He then (via text) got his friends involved in looking up the meanings of their dreams (and there are now explanations that include Anime) - I was able to find to meaning of one friend's dream for them

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old June 11th, 2015, 06:28 PM

Catwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond reputeCatwoman has a reputation beyond repute

I believe the deceased try to communicate with us through dreams. I had an instance when a family friend died as a result of a tragic accident, I dreamt of him standing before me in his suit with his arms out to me. We learnt later that day he had passed in a tragic freak accident. It was scary to me.....I have also seen ghosts and lived in a haunted house, crazy I know. Before that I saw spirits in 2 other houses we rented, the houses were very old. Since having experience with the other realm, I 100% believe we are contacted by spirits in many ways, and one way is through dreams.

I will never forget the haunted house we lived in for 1 year....crazy stuff.
Old November 18th, 2015, 02:14 PM
future crazy cat lady

I'm having weird dreams again - after a hiatus - why can't I have any fun/cool dreams

ex: my identical twin (in my dream) looked like one of our nieces (young, tall, thin, and very blonde) while I looked like me (oldish, average height, slightly fluffy, and med. brown hair).

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )