Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old January 23rd, 2012, 11:50 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: weight loss challenge & DH

Yay! Good for you! Keep going!!!
Old January 29th, 2012, 07:21 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I am now down to my (over) weight that I was before DM went in the hospital last spring.

DH has regained all the weight he lost and is at "0" lbs lost

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old February 2nd, 2012, 12:33 AM

freelancerlynne is on a distinguished road

Well good luck! Do it not just for a challenge but for health reason also. Itís really sad that, there are only few people who still have time to exercise due to hectic schedules everyday so continue doing it as long as you can.
Old February 5th, 2012, 06:05 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

as of this am, DH has re-lost 3 pounds, while I regained 1+ pounds - but I've not been exercising due to being ill and worn out

I am not discouraged, but re-motivated .... If I increase the amount of time &/or number of days I exercise then I will lose even more weight/increase my fitness.

I also checked out the newest book in the "Eat This, Not That" series - DH is going through it with me
Old September 2nd, 2012, 05:13 AM
future crazy cat lady

You guys are great - no matter how many times I've tried to kick the coke habit (... soda not the other coke) and get back in shape/lose weight you've always been supportive.

Belive it or not - I think I've successfully kicked the coke habit... cold turkey ... but it took the dr telling me I had to stop drinking it to be successful.

Overall DH has lost about 20 pounds from when we started & I've lost 6-8 .

I need to modify my miles per day goal - as there is no way to reach my orginal goal of 730 miles by Sept. 30, 2013 - I'd have to do 2 miles daily, 7 days a week .... and that's not happening.

Do you think I should

1 - keep the goal as 730 miles to motivate my self

or

2 - change the goal to 477 miles which, with the I've already done, would have me averaging 1 mile per day

or

3- change the goal to 624, which is about 1/2 between possible goals 1 & 2

Old September 2nd, 2012, 07:19 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

What do you think would motivate you best? If it were me, I'd adjust the goal to the lower number, just because I need to have an attainable goal.

Congrats to you and your DH too! I'm happy to hear about the sodas - it's a VERY hard habit (almost addiction!) to break, but once you make it past the hump it'll be a lot easier. I think you might be surprised how much easier it is to lose weight when sodas are not on the menu. What are you drinking instead?
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:19 AM
future crazy cat lady

water - lots & lots of water
Old September 2nd, 2012, 09:51 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I think you might be surprised how much easier it is to lose weight when sodas are not on the menu.
This was so true for me many years ago. Not so much now; dang this over-40 body!

Quote:
Do you think I should

1 - keep the goal as 730 miles to motivate my self

or

2 - change the goal to 477 miles which, with the I've already done, would have me averaging 1 mile per day

or

3- change the goal to 624, which is about 1/2 between possible goals 1 & 2
I think which ever of these goals you've chosen, break them off into one-week chunks. Being able to tick off the week as a success is more motivating than looking at the whole year. COngrats on your weight loss!!!
Old September 4th, 2012, 04:20 PM
future crazy cat lady

I think I'm going to leave the goal where it is - if I run over the date, so what.

However, I'm going to try to ride my bike too, now that its cooling off .... and I can cover a lot more miles on the bike

Old September 5th, 2012, 03:57 AM

Using the bike sounds like a good solution and a great workout!