Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old October 26th, 2011, 04:16 AM

jessicapinkgirl is on a distinguished road
Help I need lose weight fast-for wedding?

Okay I know you should lose 1-2lbs a week for healthy weight loss.... but right now I dont care, my wedding is in a month, my dress just came in and it doesn't fit I'm thinking I need to lose 20 lbs, and I need to lose it fast, I don't care if its just short term and I'll gain it back since it wont be a healthy way.....after wedding I'll try and lose weight the correct way,,,,, but I need to lose 20lbs fast even if it's short term. I need to fit in my wedding dress......
Old October 26th, 2011, 05:16 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Help I need lose weight fast-for wedding?

sorry - I have no idea what you can do about loosing weight quickly

have you talked to the bridal store about if its possible to alter it/insert panels in the sides to get it to fit?

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )

Last edited by snafu; October 26th, 2011 at 07:16 PM. Reason: typo/spelling
Old October 26th, 2011, 05:47 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicapinkgirl View Post
Okay I know you should lose 1-2lbs a week for healthy weight loss.... but right now I dont care, my wedding is in a month, my dress just came in and it doesn't fit I'm thinking I need to lose 20 lbs, and I need to lose it fast, I don't care if its just short term and I'll gain it back since it wont be a healthy way.....after wedding I'll try and lose weight the correct way,,,,, but I need to lose 20lbs fast even if it's short term. I need to fit in my wedding dress......

This is probably a spam set up but I'll post in the off chance that it isnt.

What happened at your fitting?

Talk to your seamstress. S/he can let your dress out so that it looks great and fits well. It's an extremely bad idea for you to do anything significant when your seamstress needs the time to adjust the dress.
Old October 26th, 2011, 08:31 AM

kessilor is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
I'm not going to recommend any dangerous ways to lose weight... I don't really know any anyway.

How much time do you have per day to exercise?

So that you don't injure yourself, I recommend walking, walking, walking. It's not as efficient as jogging, but if you're not in good shape and/or have never run before, you could injure yourself (pull something, wrench your knee, etc.), and you don't want to be injured at your wedding.

I had gained some weight due to medication I was taking (it happened gradually over a year and a half). I went off the medication and started walking an hour a day and lost all the weight I'd gained, and a bit more.

If you can walk up to two hours a day, go for it. Split it up, if necessary. Walk 30 min or an hour in the morning, depending on how much time you have, 30 min at lunch, and an hour or 90 minutes in the evening. When you walk, don't dawdle, and pump your arms.

Also, do sit-ups, lunges, squats, and push-ups (modified ones on your knees, if necessary), daily or every other day, to build a bit of muscle, which will help in overall calorie burning.

Cut out butter, mayonnaise, all fast food and junk food. Get your chocolate fix from small amounts of dark chocolate. Get your ice-cream fix from small portions of sorbet (check calorie content before buying). Eat more fruit and veg. Eat lean protein - eggs are awesome... the protein fills you up and gives you energy and they're low in fat. Otherwise, cut all visible fat off meats before you prepare. Eat cheese sparingly.

In general, eat slightly smaller portions of everything (except salads with minimal dressing) but still eat balanced meals. The nutrients are important so that the appearance of your hair and skin, and your overall mental well-being, aren't negatively impacted.
Old October 26th, 2011, 11:05 AM
was here. I think.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to a dietician so you don't dehydrate and hurt yourself.

You can exercise yourself into a frenzy... do a few hundred crunches a day, a few hundred squats, get one of those Billy Banks Tae-Bo exercise vids from Wally World for about $10 bucks. If that doesn't give you a stroke or heart attack you'll lose an inch or two inside of a month. The idea is to lose inches. Muscle is heavier than fat, but muscle is more benficial than fat. If you keep up a good regimen of serious exercise and diet you won't regret it.

Seriously... talk to your doctor or see a REAL dietician.

Good luck to you.

Last edited by Knot2loud; October 26th, 2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: repair typo cause I cont spuel
Old October 26th, 2011, 11:30 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I always find a stomach bug works wonders. Can you catch one of those?

(She was a spammer, btw. I especially like in "jessicapinkgirl's" profile she lists her bio as "Man" LOL.)
Old October 26th, 2011, 01:13 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
I always find a stomach bug works wonders. Can you catch one of those?
That never worked for me. I'm the kind of person who eats so I don't have to be sick on an empty stomach.
Old December 6th, 2011, 09:05 PM

Yornaldo is on a distinguished road

If you want to lose weight for wedding then you should eat less food and eat fruits and vegetables only because these food are best for diet. Try to do exercise regularly and increase the amount of water in a day.
Old June 5th, 2012, 04:07 AM

bliss is on a distinguished road

I was really fat and unhappy with how I looked, I had tried everything nothing would work for me.

I found this website.
it worked for me I lost 4 stone using this website give it a try.

Oh, but I did gain back all my weight plus more on the honeymoon. But my husband is into fatties, so it's all good!

Last edited by LucyVanPelt; June 5th, 2012 at 05:29 AM. Reason: remove link
Old June 23rd, 2012, 02:23 AM

allonwatson is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Weight loss is not easy job and i will not recommend you to take any weight loss pills. You can control your weight by exercising daily and avoid junk and fat food. By doing 8 to 10 walk daily you can control your weight.

Thank You
Closed Thread