Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old June 12th, 2010, 09:23 AM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Biggest Loser

(((Blue Skies)))

I'm going to have to run to the store now & get some green tea
(when your waist & bust are the same size - I've got to try to cut the belly flab )

Saturday, June 12, 2010

by Yahoo!Green, on Tue Jun 1, 2010 11:47am PDT166 By Michelle Schoffro Cook, Care2

Have you been wondering “what’s all the fuss about green tea?” Now you can stop wondering and start drinking ... green tea, that is. This flavorful beverage offers many health benefits to anyone who drinks it regularly. Green tea contains a potent plant nutrient known as epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG, for short. But don’t fret, you don’t have to keep track of its chemical name to reap the health benefits.

Here are nine reasons to start drinking green tea or continue drinking it if you’re already hooked.

1. Green tea is a superb fat fighter. Its active ingredient, EGCG, increases the rate at which fat is burned in your body.

2. It targets belly fat. Research at Tufts University indicates that EGCG in green tea, like other catechins, activate fat-burning genes in the abdomen to speed weight loss by 77 percent.

3. Green tea keeps energy stable by balancing blood sugar levels. EGCG improves insulin use in the body to prevent blood sugar spikes and crashes that can result in fatigue, irritability, and cravings for unhealthy foods.

4. Research shows it may be helpful against lung cancer. In an April 2010 study published in Cancer Prevention Research, EGCG was found to suppress lung cancer cell growth.

5. Green tea may halt colorectal cancer. In numerous other studies, EGCG appears to inhibit colorectal cancers.

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )

Last edited by snafu; June 12th, 2010 at 05:14 PM.
Old June 12th, 2010, 09:26 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

(((((Blue Skies)))))
Old June 19th, 2010, 09:13 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I blew everything this past week -I'm back to my"orginal weight"

Old June 19th, 2010, 09:16 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

It's okay, snafu! We all have ups and downs. Don't give up! The important thing is long term and not short term.
Old June 19th, 2010, 09:18 PM
future crazy cat lady

sigh - I lost all my progress from the past month (pout, pout)

Old June 22nd, 2010, 02:28 AM

Malati is on a distinguished road

I think the topic about weight loss is a bit complicated.

Genetics play a part. Also lifestyle. If you have a balanced diet it can help in your weight loss regime. As a vegan my advice is to eat more fiber and less carbohydrates and fat. If you are into rice, basmati rice is low-carb so better than ordinary rice.

Yes green tea is good. I read in Wikipedia that Chinese in China practically drink green tea everyday. I was thinking, no wonder they are thin.
Old June 23rd, 2010, 05:28 PM
future crazy cat lady

I've bought my green tea now ( I thought it'd look green, but mine looks like weak ordinary tea )

Old June 25th, 2010, 07:07 PM

Malati is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malati View Post
I think the topic about weight loss is a bit complicated.

Genetics play a part. Also lifestyle. If you have a balanced diet it can help in your weight loss regime. As a vegan my advice is to eat more fiber and less carbohydrates and fat. If you are into rice, basmati rice is low-carb so better than ordinary rice.

Yes green tea is good. I read in Wikipedia that Chinese in China practically drink green tea everyday. I was thinking, no wonder they are thin.

Sorry, correction:

Although basmati rice is actually a low GI food it is high in amylase which is a type of carbohydrate.
Old June 26th, 2010, 08:16 PM
future crazy cat lady

I'm sticking to this

no weight change -at least it's not gone up

and I swam a lot of laps at the pool today (I went with DS & he hung out with friends & I was really bored)

Old June 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM

snafu, is there a chance that you're adding muscle mass? Did you measure your waist?