Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old June 7th, 2010, 02:40 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Biggest Loser

Thanks. I'm down 13% in weight, but I really don't like considering my starting weight as my starting weight. People who notice say "You've lost weight!" and I say "No, I've un-gained it." I gained those 4 inches and that 13% (which was really 15% if I calculate it where I started and have now gotten back to) in less than 2 years. It was scary.

Funny thing is that now that I'm back to "normal-for-me" weight, very few people have mentioned anything at all about me losing weight. Oh well... dare I hope they didn't notice the gain?
Old June 7th, 2010, 11:42 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Well done KayKay!!!! How did you do it?
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:53 AM

Blue Skies will become famous soon enough

[quote=Brownie;34403]I haven't been posting here since I'm not making progress--although NOT gaining weight is positive.

I AGREE!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KayKay View Post
I don't have any particular goals except to get back into my jeans, but I got measured today and have lost 4 inches in my waist in 6 weeks. (Was excited - had to share)
WOW! GOOD GOING KAYKAY!!!

Notice I haven't posted here...feeling too guilty I think and am having a hard time commiting to this! We did buy a treadmill last week to add to our collection of clothes 'hangers' - er -I mean exercise equipment. DD said she would exercise more if we had a treadmill. She used it once. At least I'm trying to get my money's worth out of it!
Old June 8th, 2010, 09:19 AM

Brownie is on a distinguished road

Way to go, KayKay!
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:46 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone... I'm embarrassed. I'm still focused on the fact that I gained it in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
How did you do it?
Would you believe diet and exercise? (Am going to a weight loss clinic, but not doing anything "unnatural" like getting shots of hormones or anything. All results are from diet and a teeny bit of exercise)
Old June 8th, 2010, 07:54 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I found this on line; I need to do #2 & 3 - I don't do juices or coffee; and am improving on decreasing soda (again )

Five things you could do with your diet that arenít so much of a stretch that you will give up before they work! Flatter tummy, healthier you. From Yahoo Health:

1. Swear Off the Soda and Iced Tea. (Annual Weight Loss: 18 Pounds!) Soda and sweetened tea are killing your calorie intake.

2. Drink 8 Cups of Water Every Day (Annual Weight Loss: 26 Pounds!) Scientists have proven it will raise your metabolism!

3. Enjoy One, Two, or Even Three Yogurt-Based Smoothies a Day (Annual Weight Loss: 10 Pounds!) Packed with nutrition, AND makes you feel full. A bag of Doritos does neither.

4. Avoid Juice Drinks (Annual Weight Loss: 19 Pounds!) Tons of sugar and calories, and most juices do not provide the nutrition you think they do.

5. Drink Coffee, Not Coffee Drinks (Annual Weight Loss: 18 Pounds!) Apparently as a nation, we like our coffee wimpy these days. Blended coffees from Starbucks have additional calories and fat. Just drink coffee from pot, hardore!

KayKay - what was your diet?

To be honest - if I could increase my muscle tone (10 oz of muscle takes less space than body fat) I'd be happier

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old June 8th, 2010, 08:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
KayKay - what was your diet?
Can't advertise - against the rules. It is basically a watch-the-processed-carbs type of diet,
Old June 9th, 2010, 11:56 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Yay yay! We worked out how to get rid of the stomach flab!

1. Suck your tummy in

2. Lean right back (further)

Works like magic! all the flab gone, you can't even pick up 1mm. Of course, when you sit down again the flab will be back, but makes you feel better for an instant!
Old June 11th, 2010, 07:13 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Now down a total of 3% from my orginal weight

I also swam 3 laps today - the first 2 were the breath stroke (without stopping); the last one - I'm really out of shape - I did the flutter kick only, and had to stop several times

He who ignores history is condemed to repeat it!
(it also means you weren't smart enough to learn from your mistakes )
Old June 12th, 2010, 07:54 AM

Blue Skies will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by snafu View Post
Now down a total of 3% from my orginal weight

I also swam 3 laps today - the first 2 were the breath stroke (without stopping); the last one - I'm really out of shape - I did the flutter kick only, and had to stop several times
You go girl! Gotta hand it to you, snafu, your persistence amazes me. Can you send some over to me?

Actually, Iíve dropped some weight over the last couple of weeks, and Iím almost back to my pre-Christmas weight. But itís not a weight loss program I would recommend to anyone. Youíve heard of a high fiber diet?...Well this is the Ďhigh-stressí diet. (DH and I arenít getting along so well latelyÖ)