Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old April 28th, 2011, 10:08 AM

Trich is on a distinguished road
Re: Diet & Nutrition

I like fresh fruits and Vegetables. They are more beneficial for me in dieting. Good Nutrition reduce your risk to getting a large number of diseases , from diabetes to heart diseases.
Old May 1st, 2011, 05:45 PM

Proud Father is on a distinguished road

I recently purchased "The Four Hour Body" by Tim Ferriss and started the "Slow Carb Diet. So far, I've had good results in just a months time. I've gone from a size 36 waist to size 34, and almost 10lbs.

I would have had greater weight lose, but I have gotten back into lifting weights, which has added muscle. Hence the great lose in pant size, but only 10lbs in total weight.
Old July 7th, 2011, 05:49 PM

CoolFamRules is on a distinguished road

Oooh I've tried the slow carb diet and had so so results. My husband, however, had great results with regular workout. He lifted weights a few times a week and bike commuted to work most days. The meals are great and makes the body feel much healthier without processed foods. Our only problem was that the meals were cooking intensive. Hard to find the time to make egg whites with vegetables in the mornings rather than just grab a bar or yogurt. We feel off the band wagon after about 10 weeks. But, if you can keep it up, you'll love it.

My fitness habits are trying to get up and run in the mornings a few times a week and go on a bike ride or two with the hubby and kids a couple times a week if the weather is nice. Also, we try to go hiking or do at least one active activity a weekend. Eating is key to maintaining a healthy lifestyle, as well. Personally, I try for yogurt and fruit in the mornings, salad at lunch and whatever the family has for dinner.
Old August 2nd, 2011, 12:02 AM

Allan is on a distinguished road

Diet and nutrition has great impact on one's health and i think it plays an important role in this case and i am very much careful on this issue and i like to eat fresh fruits and vegetables.
Old August 9th, 2011, 04:26 AM

eileen is on a distinguished road

Healthy diet and nutrition has multiple benefits. Besides helping you maintain a healthy weight, good nutrition is essential for the body and all its systems to function optimally for a lifetime. The benefits of good nutrition can be found in physical and mental health because a healthy diet provides energy, promotes good sleep and gives the body what it needs to stay healthy.

Last edited by eileen; August 9th, 2011 at 04:31 AM.
Old August 24th, 2011, 07:10 AM

sunshine is on a distinguished road

dont forget guys..we didnt put on the weight in 1 day. so gradually taking it off is the best way...

also a calorie intake of 1200 should be the minimum eaten not 1000.. your depriving yourself and your body will go in a starvation mode..

also whenever you feel hungry drink water...before and after you eat as well
Old September 14th, 2011, 05:24 AM

Karol is on a distinguished road

Hi all,
thanks for very nice informational post,
please keep sharing!!!
Old September 22nd, 2011, 02:27 AM

AlisiaJohnson is on a distinguished road

Dieting is essential for every human being,eating healthy food and exercise is also beneficial for human body....
Old September 22nd, 2011, 03:34 AM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisiaJohnson View Post
Dieting is essential for every human being,eating healthy food and exercise is also beneficial for human body....
What??? Dieting is "essential", but healthy food and exercise only rate "beneficial"????

I must have missed something.
Old September 22nd, 2011, 05:16 AM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
What??? Dieting is "essential", but healthy food and exercise only rate "beneficial"????

I must have missed something.
I'm sure she'll have a "friend" come in and tell us what dieting product is "essential."
Closed Thread