Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Old December 5th, 2008, 06:07 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute
Early New Years Resolution

Well, I've started on my New Year's Resolution early I want to get in better shape.

It seems that since I hit the big 4 0 my body has started going down hill

So, I started Dec. 1st - right now I'm working on just cutting down on how much soda I drink - I'm working on no more than one a day. I've been successful 4/5 days so far.

Anyway, I'd like suggestions for detoxing my body. Has anyone tried the Slimquick detox? Soemthing else?

{FYI - I can't do the T-Burn fat attack combo}
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:19 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Early New Years Resolution

I drink Yogi Detox tea, snafu. I have no idea if it helps... I just like it.

Good for you on cutting back on sodas! Do you drink diet ones or regular? I used to be a Diet Coke junkie until I discovered iced tea from this one particular local drive-thru restaurant. I just traded one vice for another.
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:25 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

I can't stand the "unleaded" (AKA diet) soda - it would be better for me if I could

Where do you buy the detox tea?

The day after Turkey day I went shopping & for the first time ever DISCOVERED I'M GETTING CELULITE DIMPLES on my stomic (just a few, but OMG I've lost so much muscle tone - I weigh maybe 10 lbs more than I did my senior year of high school - but )

edit- now I've got a personal reason to call it Black Friday

Last edited by snafu; December 6th, 2008 at 04:33 PM.
Old December 5th, 2008, 06:30 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

I buy the detox tea at the grocery store. The one where I shop has a selection of teas on the coffee aisle. It's caffeine free - a drawback IMO - but I drink it at night. (Not as often since I found a new favorite vice - liquid tea in pouches that you can pour in a cup of hot water, or into a bottle of water! No steeping, and tastes pretty good!)

Just an aside... if you're a root beer drinker, I *swear* that A&W Diet Root beer tastes like the real thing. No sugar, no caffeine, and my kids think they're getting a soda.
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:08 PM
future crazy cat lady

I was doing good - lost a couple of pounds just by cutting out soda & fast food. THEN, I went on a trip with my mom (her sister is in a nursing home 5 hrs from where my mom lives). We ate out - a lot - some of it was rather yummy . Anyway I've gained back all the weight I lost .
Old January 2nd, 2009, 03:49 PM

Lizzie will become famous soon enough

Hello Snafu

I too found cutting out soft drinks and goodies are enough to make a few pound weight loss quite fast.

I was always thin but after hysterectomy 2006 I developed a more pear shape....ya know we call the exces fat on your sides handlebars!LOL
These seem impossible to shift....weight itself is fine....up a few pounds at this time but def need to tone up too...IMO the gym is maybe the best for this.

just leave out the goodies and do a bit of exercise.....it can be difficult
Old January 8th, 2009, 10:00 AM
maura

I have been on just about everyone of the "diets". I have found that reducing my calories to around 1200 a day did it. I did also take a seaweed supplement capsule that helped with raising metabolism, and at my age I need all the help I can get!
Cookies were trying to do me in. I knew I could not remove them entirely due to weakness for those things, so I reduced my other carbs/breads/pasta, during the early day knowing I would have cookies later.
I am back to counting calories and have been staying around 1300.

Good Luck to ALL!! On your healthy new goals!
Old January 8th, 2009, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maura View Post
Cookies were trying to do me in.

Those evil cookies!! They're after me too!
Old January 13th, 2009, 06:04 AM

dr-joker is on a distinguished road

ice tea is great
Old February 8th, 2009, 01:40 PM
future crazy cat lady

I've relost the soda weight, now I've got to add some physical exercise - that'll help with my muscle tone too.

I'm going to try walking & a few crunches () each day

How's everyone else doing on New Year's resolutions?