Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old July 16th, 2008, 02:45 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough
Walking Club

Who wants to come walk with us?

Here's the pedometer that I'm using: http://www.amazon.com/Omron-HJ-720IT...1150125&sr=8-2

I have to say that I've been impressed with it. It not only tracks number of steps, but it tracks aerobic activity, calories, distance, etc. It also comes with software for your computer so you can log and track everything. I'm having so much fun with it!

Of course, you don't have to have that pedometer to join us!

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old July 16th, 2008, 02:49 PM

Re: Walking Club

I've changed my goals slightly. Originally my goal was 10,000 steps a day with 30 min or aerobic activity daily. I hit this goal most days but was beating myself up on the few days I haven't. That's not right, either.

So, I adjusted it slightly and my new goal is 70,000 steps a week and 150 minutes of aerobic activity a week. That way, I'm still averaging 10,000 steps a day and 30 minutes of aerobic activity 5x a week. My week starts Sunday morning 12:00 am and goes to Saturday night 11:59 pm.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old July 17th, 2008, 01:26 PM
maura

I've been walking the doggies ALOT and trying to get in my 3mile too. How can I tell how many steps?
The pedometer is on it's way - I think I need to get some shorts too maybe? I have been wearing long yoga pants (I don't have shorts) and it's really warm out !!!
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:40 AM

Hey, maura! The pedometer will track your steps. It will also track distance if you prefer to measure by that.

I met my goal this past week! Woo-hoo! 75,577 total steps and 174 minutes of aerobic activity. Yay me!

Old July 21st, 2008, 04:45 AM
maura

I've got it! Wow Haven't downloaded the software to use yet. Gonna run around with it on for awhile and I bought some shorter pants to wear - those long ones were getting warm. It is so muggy. So humid.
And away I go.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 06:54 AM
maura

I believe I have it working ok. I did over 10,000 yesterday. Today is a new day. I was up again at 2 am with the yorkie crying.
Wow, already I have excuses! Shame on me.
Old July 23rd, 2008, 08:24 AM

Yay, maura!

Old July 23rd, 2008, 11:33 PM

Mrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond reputeMrs X has a reputation beyond repute

How many steps (approx) do you do in a half hour brisk walk? Any ideas?
Old July 24th, 2008, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs X View Post
How many steps (approx) do you do in a half hour brisk walk? Any ideas?
About 3000-3500

Old July 24th, 2008, 02:20 PM
maura

Have finished one dog walk and just general walking around: 6112 steps. Have another walk tonight with pups and woohoo.
I have got to download the software !!! I really like this new toy! If I make the stride smaller, will I get more steps?
Closed Thread