Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > Health and Wellness > Weight Loss/Exercise

Weight Loss/Exercise Discuss issues related to Weight Loss and Exercise

Closed Thread

Old July 12th, 2008, 04:51 PM
maura

Re: I need some inspiration!

Hi Elaine,

Well, with the puppies maybe 10 - 15 minutes each (x 3). I take them individually. But I like to do my 3 miles twice a day. It has been hit or miss lately. They have really needed to stay in because of the heat and they are all on meds. Sheesh. Early in am and later in pm it's really nice for walking.
I am ordering that pedometer tonight. I can't wait. I want to really rack up some miles and we have a ton of beautiful trails I need to get moving on.
How are you doing??
Old July 14th, 2008, 12:43 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Hey, that's great news maura!

My daily goal is 10,000 steps and a minimum of 30 minutes of aerobic activity. This equates to about 4 miles a day. There have only been 4 days that I haven't reached my goal of 10,000 steps, so I'm doing alright.

Let me know when you get your pedometer and we can be walking buddies!

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old July 15th, 2008, 07:05 AM
maura

5 to 9 days. I can't wait. I got online to pay some bills and forgot all about them ! Hahaha.
I wan't to get a new bike too. The weather is so nice in the am. and these dogs really need to be walked. So I will pay that bill, go take them for a walk and be right back. i wish I had the pedometer now to log these steps!
Old July 16th, 2008, 03:37 PM

elaine will become famous soon enough

Awesome, maura! You ordered it! I think we should start a new thread for our new walking club.

Aim for success, not perfection. Never give up your right to be wrong, because then you will lose the ability to learn new things and move forward with your life. -- Dr. David Burns
Old October 17th, 2013, 04:19 AM

femojohn258 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blissfully8 View Post
Try packing your own trail mix. Pre packed ones can be full of unhealthy things. I mix peanuts, crazins, almonds, and a tiny bit of choco chips. Also studies have shown that when taking a precut apple vs a whole apple to work or school, that the precut apple is 80% more likely to get eaten. I think it is a pyscological thing.

Turn off the tv while eating, people who eat infront of the tv eat more, studies have shown. Also keep grapes in the freezer. They make a great snack when sitting in front of the computer or tv, as these are times we crave crunchy things. Frozen grapes are fun to eat and healthy.

As for working out, I find it is hard to go myself, so I don't know what to say to help you out. I can tell you that studies have shown that people who listen to music or watch tv while working out tend to watch the clock less, enjoy their workout more and as a result work out longer. So, go download some booty shaking music and move that thang. Good Luck!
Really you have shared very good tips and it will help him to lose weight and provide inspiration.
Old October 24th, 2013, 04:24 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Wow. This thread was over five years old when it got revived. Gotta say... I'm impressed at the determination to comment spam.