Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Parents

Old January 7th, 2014, 06:11 PM

dontworry is on a distinguished road
My father hates me

So I`m 17 years old and both my parents are extremely strict.

My father always tells me he hates me and although we had our moments of clarity he constantly repeats to me how much he despises me and why.

My mother never tells me these things but as soon as I talk to her about boys or going out with my friends we start a huge argument that lasts hours and hours and ends up giving me anxiety.

Talking to my parents inevitably gives me anxiety. A boy I like very much came to my house today for a few hours to keep me company because I am sick. When he left, me father went on with his racist and mean comments on the boy saying that he doesnt like him and adding that he doesnt like me neither so we should make a good couple, in fact guess what he ****ing hates me, like I haven`t heard this one. And my mother keeps on screaming at me to stop seeing that boy.

But I can`t, I like him very much and hate my parent for wanting to take away one of the few people that make me happy from my life.

My parents will never understand that all my anxiety issues are because of them and that they make my life a living hell.
Old January 7th, 2014, 06:52 PM

LucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond reputeLucyVanPelt has a reputation beyond repute
Re: My father hates me

Are you still in school? Have you spoken to a teacher, guidance counselor, or minister about this? Telling you he hates you is abuse and you should not have to listen to it.
Old January 7th, 2014, 08:06 PM

LeavingaLegacy will become famous soon enough

Agreed! Who have you talked to about this...starting with your school? You can't rely on friends alone to share your problems with. They may listen, but there is little they may (or can) do.

If it's any consolation (even just for today): remember that regardless of how you feel now, it can be short term if you let it. In ten years you'll definitely remember this, but will it impact your life? THAT's up to you. I went through some things too at that age. Days seemed like they were weeks. Worst days of my life to be honest. But I stood strong and told myself I'm going to be a better person because of it.

No doubt your parents brought you into this world. You didn't ask to be here. But as you grow older and wiser, now what are you going to do about it? Let it cause more anxiety? Or let these "conversations" empower you to want to be the best you can be?

Good luck. And we'll be here if you ever need to chat. Feel better!
Old January 8th, 2014, 06:01 AM
is never to loud.

Knot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond reputeKnot2loud has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
But I stood strong and told myself I'm going to be a better person because of it.
So much truth to that statement...

I'm so sorry you have to deal with that kind of abuse. It's very difficult going through those young adult years... But you can learn how NOT to be and like LeavingaLegacy said: Stand Strong and be a better person.

And yes... Try to talk to someone.
Old January 8th, 2014, 02:42 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

(((hugs)))

Do you have siblings? If so are they treated the same way?

Do you have non-toxic extended family members that you could live with? Or would your best friend's family take you in? Or a teacher you're close to?

A former co-worker of mine (while she was in high school) ended up living with one of her teachers' families due to how toxic her family was. Her teacher's home was her base when she was in college too.

(I've subbed with Mrs. Teacher in the past and she's one of those teachers that students feel comfortable sharing things with)

Tags
anxiety, boyfriend, father, hate, mother