Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Boyfriends & Girlfriends

Old November 27th, 2007, 01:44 PM

Razorblade kiss is on a distinguished road
Re: Emotional wreck...

Thanks for the lyrics... I really like them. I think I'll download that song sometime today.

So just an update on everything so you guys won't worry about me at all... I don't want to cause anymore needless worry.

The last time I talked to her she was angry with me, I forget what I had said in reply but it wasn't very nice. I kind of regret that because it hurt her.
I'm guessing it was a week or two since I had said anything to her, Then last night she called me. We talked for almost 4-5 hours, Not fighting... but nice talking. Like we used to before we even started going out... She still didn't say why she left me, but I've decided it doesn't matter whether I know or not. I'll let her decide that. I'm glad she wants to be my friend again. I think that was what I missed the most...

Last edited by Razorblade kiss; November 27th, 2007 at 01:53 PM.
Old December 7th, 2007, 01:42 AM

LadyLove will become famous soon enough

Did anyone hear about that young man that went shooting people at the local mall before killing himself? He had just gotten his heart broken by his girlfriend. That story is so tragic. And it is also a good example of what happens when people do not get help for their emotional distress.
Old December 7th, 2007, 03:20 AM

grubby will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLove View Post
Did anyone hear about that young man that went shooting people at the local mall before killing himself? He had just gotten his heart broken by his girlfriend. That story is so tragic. And it is also a good example of what happens when people do not get help for their emotional distress.
That kid had a lot more problems than just his girlfriend and him breaking up, starting with his family. My sister lives in the same town. Its pretty small and a huge portion of it is military, so everybody knows everybody type of thing.
Old December 7th, 2007, 04:53 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyLove View Post
That's an awful connection to make. Grubby's right, there is so much more to the shooter's history than a broken heart.
Old December 8th, 2007, 01:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubby View Post
That kid had a lot more problems than just his girlfriend and him breaking up, starting with his family. My sister lives in the same town. Its pretty small and a huge portion of it is military, so everybody knows everybody type of thing.
Here on my local news the reporter said that the break up drove him to insanity. He sent his ex a creepy letter, etc. Yes, I heard that his mother kicked him out a year prior to this shooting. All I am saying is that the break up could have pushed him over the edge. Obviously, he had built up emotions and never got help for them whether it started at home or with his ex. It should not have been ignored.

That is all I am saying.

He sounds like a very angry person and now there are innocent people paying for this boy's anger.
Old December 8th, 2007, 01:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1dilwhosreal View Post
That's an awful connection to make. Grubby's right, there is so much more to the shooter's history than a broken heart.
I do not think that the connection is terrible. It makes a lot of sense. Not necessarily to every teen dealing with a break up, like Razorblade, but to those who can't handle their problems. If Razorblade went on and on then I'd be more concerned about his mental state than I was in the beginning. He seems fine now.

I am 100% positive that there are a million godzillion trillion things more that contributed to this boys emotions BUT the break up may have been what pushed him over the edge. You dont know that it wasn't. He is dead so now no one is going to really know what his logic was.

In the past he was not treated for emotional distress, was he? Had he seen a therapist or counselor then maybe he could have learned how to deal with his emotions rather than act out on them. He had a lot of built up issues.

Please note that I did state "thats what happens when people do not get help for their emotional distress"...emotional distress can be caused by many things like a death, break up, accident, harassment, etc.

Last edited by LadyLove; December 8th, 2007 at 01:59 AM.
Old December 8th, 2007, 05:08 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough

Quote:
If Razorblade went on and on then I'd be more concerned about his mental state than I was in the beginning. He seems fine now.
I agree. We all were concerned in the beginning, but I think you are fine too, Razor.
Old January 6th, 2008, 12:54 PM
future crazy cat lady

snafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond reputesnafu has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Razorblade- hope you had a good X-mas & New Years. (I heard "Over You" on the radio & thought of you- wishing you the best in the new year -)