Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Family Forum > Parents

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old February 20th, 2013, 02:43 PM

sjs will become famous soon enough
Sexually molested by father as a teenager

I didn't include this part of my story in my previous posts, because this is a whole another complicated story. After getting many feedback from the other members about the issues I'm having with my parents, I thought maybe I could get some more help.

I was sexually molested as a teenager (by my father). Long story short, he took pictures of my genitals when digital cameras just came out, touched my genitals, and said things like "I want to have intercourse with you." I am engaged right now, and my fiance doesn't know about this. I had many frustrating situations with my father and my fiance was very supportive of me the whole time. I am ashamed to tell my fiance about my past and I'm afraid that he'll look at me differently. It pains me that I have to hide something from him though. I am also angry that I had to go through all those emotions as a teenager (my father's behavior continued until I started dating my fiance, which he was strongly against at first). Should I tell my fiance? Should I wait until we get married? I'm worried that he'll never see my parents.

I could provide more details if needed... and thank you for reading.