Go Back   Friends and Family Forum > The Friend Forum > Other friendships

Other friendships Best friends, ex-friends, or any other friends

Old March 30th, 2008, 09:37 PM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Getting back at the Mean Girls

Don't know if anyone has any experience with Mean Girls, but for those of you who are excessively passive (me!)... do you ever fantasize at "getting back" at them?

Not that you'd EVER do it of course...

But what thoughts bring a devilish smile to your face?
Old March 31st, 2008, 03:17 AM

Paul is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting back at the Mean Girls

I can recommend the book "The Blackbook of Revenge" by John Punisher. Interesting to see people's faces when they see you reading the book.
Old March 31st, 2008, 06:08 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough

For the most part, I think the world is just-- what goes around does eventually come around. We're just not always there to see it. And when we do, it's not always what we hoped it would be.

Like my ex-friend. She's trying desperately to maintain an appearance of perfection. But you can see the strain it's all taking on her family. I'd hoped that she'd have to confront that about herself, because she always made others feel as if they don't measure up to her, but this isn't the way I'd have wanted.
Old March 31st, 2008, 08:50 AM

KayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond reputeKayKay has a reputation beyond repute

Okay... I said it wrong in my OP...

I don't mean "revenge" but rather "the right reaction" or "stopping them cold". What do you fantasize about having said or done when they were being mean?

I'm pretty fortunate that I didn't deal with "Mean Girls" growing up. Or maybe I was just oblivious to them. It's a fairly new concept that I've only been introduced to as a M to a pre-teen DD.

Example: I got ambushed by SIL and MIL about a year and a half ago. In general, my MIL isn't a "Mean Girl" but in this particular case she and SIL were ay-yi-yi! MEAN. I was so stunned that I sat there taking it. I *wish* I had had the right words on the tip of my tongue to stop them. (I still haven't figured out what the right words would have been. LOL)
Old March 31st, 2008, 11:54 AM

1dilwhosreal will become famous soon enough

You didn't say it wrong in your OP at all. I understood what you meant. I think I was just acknowledging my guilty conscience.

I have had to deal with mean girls, and my MIL could be one when she wanted to. Not long after I had told her I didn't think I could have any more children, she asked me when I was going to give her another grandchild in front of a bunch of her relatives. I really think she wanted me to explain to them why so they could pity her, the perfect the grandmother. I simply said, "Well, until your son deals with his impotence problem, I doubt there'll be anymore," and walked away.
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:06 PM

LOL! Now *that's* what I mean about the right words!

That night they ganged up on me, DH, SIL, FIL, & MIL were seated at a table eating, me & kids at a different table. SIL said loudly "It's been a LONG TIME since it was JUST THE FOUR OF US eating together." Then SIL leaned to get close to my ear (behind MIL who was back-to-back with me) and said so DH couldn't hear "It's NICE for a CHANGE."

I mean, what do you say? I, of course, said nothing. DH didn't hear it, so he didn't say anything. But man... there's a part of me that wishes I had the right words that would have said "I'm on to you. Cut it out."
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:11 PM

grubby will become famous soon enough

This is the part where I have to admit that I am a "terminal smart azz", at least according to my own father. I think I was born with the ability to come off with a sarcastic retort in less than 2 seconds. Which is not always a good thing. BUT, has helped me when it comes to the inlaws.

But I come by it naturally, . I am the youngest of 4 girls and don't get me started on my sis1 and 2. Sis1 is a definite "Mean Girl" with a Queen Bee attitude and sis2 is just as bad. Being able to stand up for myself was a skill I had to acquire very young to survive (Have I ever mentioned how cruel girls can be.)

I was a much better parent... before I had kids!
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:16 PM

Oh - I just thought of another example. Not me, but DS and not a girl, but a Mean Comment anyway.

When DS was in 6th grade a new kid came to the school. He was already pratically a male specimen (we called him "the man-child"... his brain hadn't caught up to where his body was) and DS hadn't yet entered the throes of puberty.

Now, just for BG, DS has some PDD/NOS issues... somewhere on that autistic spectrum but still very functioning. But has no clue about "cool" and "uncool". Luckily for him he has a M who realizes that 6th grade boys who have to change in the locker room shouldn't be wearing Spiderman UnderRoos. So he had some... I dunno... camo briefs on or something.

Man-Child said to DS "Nice Underwear." (I'm sure he was making fun of DS, but FTR he didn't ever do it again. He really did pick on kids his own size.).

I wish... I wish... DS had had the verbal wherewithal to say "Why are you looking at my underwear?"
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grubby View Post
This is the part where I have to admit that I am a "terminal smart azz", at least according to my own father. I think I was born with the ability to come off with a sarcastic retort in less than 2 seconds. Which is not always a good thing. BUT, has helped me when it comes to the inlaws.

But I come by it naturally, . I am the youngest of 4 girls and don't get me started on my sis1 and 2. Sis1 is a definite "Mean Girl" with a Queen Bee attitude and sis2 is just as bad. Being able to stand up for myself was a skill I had to acquire very young to survive (Have I ever mentioned how cruel girls can be.)

grubby, will you come live with me for a year or so?
Old March 31st, 2008, 12:32 PM
Science is my path.

Blissfully8 is on a distinguished road

I moved around alot and started a new school my senior year. Well, the cheerleaders decided to use me as their bully target and picked on me all year, a few of the baseball and football players got in on the act as well. I went home crying a bunch that year. At the end of the school year I had the last laugh.

We lived in the desert so everybody kept their car windows down a crack to keep the car cool. On the last day of school I filled a spray bottle full of Dill Pickle Juice and sprayed it inside their cars, I also put a pickle on their antenna just for an extra kick. At graduation the guys who had picked on me actually came over to congratulate me on getting them back and standing up for myself. They even confessed that the reason they had targeted me was becuase they thought I wouldn't date them and they liked me. Needless to say the girls where not that nice about it and tried to stick me with a car cleaning bill which I did not pay.

Now a days I think I probably would have gotten in trouble for what I did but I would do it again in a heart beat. I did not go to my class reunion last year , no need, but I still fit into my prom dress 10 years later, I wonder how many of those cheerleaders can say the same thing? Revenge is sweet even ten years later. (My revenge did not hurt anyone and the smell came out after a while so I would say it was not nearly as bad as an entire year of harassment, but it made a point.)

Last edited by Blissfully8; March 31st, 2008 at 03:32 PM.